Video: "The Muppets" Official ABC Trailer

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I wonder if there will be tons of complaints about how the show is not a variety, and it is ruining our childhoods, that should be the normal comment you will see here and there in the place for comments, and it seems really annoying to say the statement to people who worked hard on the project.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, I honestly wasn't particularly wanting a Muppet TV series, but I'm sure this will help get them a lot more exposure, of course. And it will probably help get young kids into the franchise as well. (Though I think the last two movies helped do that too.) I will be interested to check this out, but I could do without the "adult" humor. Yes, I know the Muppets have always been for both adults and kids- I get that. And yes, there's some such adult humor on The Muppet Show that I don't like either. Hopefully, this new series will be good, so I will say I'm cautiously optimistic. :concern::attitude::smile:

If nothing else, I mainly hope this new series will inspire Disney to finally release Seasons 4 and 5 of The Muppet Show to DVD! (I'd love to see The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight! on DVD as well, but one thing at a time- it seems like it's reaching enough just to get the rest of The Muppet Show on DVD.)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I wonder if there will be tons of complaints about how the show is not a variety, and it is ruining our childhoods, that should be the normal comment you will see here and there in the place for comments, and it seems really annoying to say the statement to people who worked hard on the project.
Agreed. Of course, I still don't know how a new production can possibly retroactively destroy people's childhoods- their childhoods will be perfectly intact. New shows can't destroy memories of the original series.:wink:

I would prefer to see more of a variety show myself, but I also get that The Muppet Show was mocking the popular style of its day- which is the variety show. Mockumentaries (unfortunately) seem to be the trend of today- thus, the tone for the new show. I don't particularly like the mockumentary style and I'd rather not see The Muppets adapt it, but I'm sure they'll make it funny. And I don't think the variety aspect is totally gone, from what I understand of the articles I've read about this.

In any case, let's wait to actually see the show before passing judgment.:smile::big_grin::sleep::boo::skeptical::hungry::grr::news::scary::jim::fanatic:

Luke kun

Reaction score
Quite enjoying what it could be so far. Seems pretty good and a nice way to get the characters back without making a pointless retread of the original series. From certain reports, however, it sounds like they could very well have some skits and songs shown in the context of the making of the show, so I wouldn't say they've abandoned that entirely. So best of both worlds there.

I do like the Fozzie having a human girlfriend bit. That's not out of character for the series at all, as Piggy constantly hit on male human guest stars (even in parody form, "Me and Iron Pants are just getting acquainted"). It'll be fun to see how it plays out on an unexpected character.

I especially like the lampshade hanging about how they have the camera interviews.
Sonic and Madonna all over again. :smile:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Nice that it is the only comedy to get a nomination for the category.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Or complaints that Jason Segel isn't involved.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Yeah, exactly.:fanatic: Before MMW came out, I was thinking Jason could have a little cameo in the movie where he can call Walter to check on how he's doing with The Muppets.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Though once you become a muppet, outside humans forget you and you forget them, so Walter has already forgot his previous friends and family companions.