You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

Drtooth

Reaction score
What if Nick at Nite started showing a lot more sitcoms with as much of the Full House cast as possible? Like that one show Bob Saget starred in (was there only one?), or Hudson Street (a short-lived sitcom with Lori Loughan which premiered the season after FH ended)? Better yet, they could be airing the Bob Saget-era America's Funniest Home Videos (it seems the episodes with the current host are the only ones in reruns these days*) or America's Funniest People? Or something else with John Stamos.
I doubt they'd go that far. Nick at Night is more for slightly older audiences with old family friendly shows just at the 8-9 mark. They're clearly trying to get the younger set to like the Olsens so they'll tune into the (and I don't always prejudge things, mind you) awful series relaunch on Netflix.

of course, Nick is no stranger to shoving things down kids throats they don't like. Awesomness TV was a thing that existed. Got horrible ratings, was a tremendously awful show, still got renewed and just had the rest of the series burned off on Teen Nick. They kept giving Fred shows when he wasn't even that popular or well liked as a crappy web series. I hate Obnoxious Citrus and all, but even that's far more creative and entertaining than a grown man with a squeaky voice acting like an idiot. Johnny Test even made fun of Fred. When the writers of Johnny Test essentially call you a talentless schmuck that got freaking lucky, that's telling. But HEY! Not Nickelodeon. They almost made a Fred cartoon. Well, I guess if it was a cartoon, they'd be more lackadaisical about it. I'm surprised they didn't make "Kids React" a full series and put it on in marathons on all it's channels. They had a brief moment of clarity to realize something that was barely likeable online would be hated as a TV series. Took 3 tries to get that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It was only Ted Turner who was real crazy about colorizing stuff, and only then with the movies he owned.
In addition to Ted Turner, Warner Bros. computer colorized many black and white Looney Tunes (mostly the ones with Daffy and Porky) during the early 1990s. I'm surprised that Ted Turner didn't computer colorize the black and white Popeye shorts at least, unless he was content with redrawn colorized shorts (computer colorizing was likely really expensive). I'm also pleasantly surprised that very few black and white Disney shorts were colorized (and only redrawn).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay. To combat the fact a kid was shot by a police officer for having a toy gun (yeah...right... that's why he was shot), a comic book advocating a toy gun buy back program has will be distributed to children. While whatever debate this could spark, or or against, there's something horribly horribly wrong with this...

LOOK AT THE ART! L-look at the artwork, Morty! Look at ...urrrp...look at that poor excuse for artwork, Morty! That's terrible Morty! Just un..urrrp...unprofessional and awful, Morty!

Seriously. It's so bad I turned into Rick for some reason.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Okay. To combat the fact a kid was shot by a police officer for having a toy gun (yeah...right... that's why he was shot), a comic book advocating a toy gun buy back program has will be distributed to children.
Yeah, get rid of toy guns while leaving the real guns alone. That's going to solve gun violence and police brutality. :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not really the point I was making.

That artwork is atrocious! It's bad enough to instigate violence.

Now, the side rant about toy guns and guns in fiction is always the same for me... maybe if toys and cartoons had a lobbyist group as strong as the NRA, they wouldn't be the easy to win against non-targets they are. Don't see why cartoon characters have to use laser blasters because it's a poor substitute...you know... how lasers that could seriously burn through a person worse than a bullet could ever do, but shhhhh... don't tell anyone or they'd be argued down to boxing gloves and super soakers.

Still, I like the idea of a toy gun buy back. You can get rid of all you're old, broken, crappy toy guns and use that money to buy nice new ones.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Don't see why cartoon characters have to use laser blasters because it's a poor substitute...you know... how lasers that could seriously burn through a person worse than a bullet could ever do, but shhhhh... don't tell anyone or they'd be argued down to boxing gloves and super soakers.
I liked the compromise Gargoyles used in that the cops use actual bullet guns while bad guys used far more deadly and destructive laser cannons.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay . . . what is up with these disappearing/invisible scrollbars that seems to be a big fad with websites right now? They're incredibly annoying, and I don't see the point of having a scrollbar disappear while you're trying to use it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Okay . . . what is up with these disappearing/invisible scrollbars that seems to be a big fad with websites right now? They're incredibly annoying, and I don't see the point of having a scrollbar disappear while you're trying to use it.
websites are trying to look more sleek for tablet pc users cause god forbid a 10 pixel wide scrollbar takes up precious tablet space.

either that or theres a problem with your browser, in which case, its still the same reason as above

D'Snowth

Reaction score
websites are trying to look more sleek for tablet pc users cause god forbid a 10 pixel wide scrollbar takes up precious tablet space.
How stupid.

Okay, so is it just me, or does it seem like TBS is becoming the new TV Land in terms of cranking sausage factory raunchy sitcoms that nobody even likes? Granted, unlike TV Land, TBS never really specifically dedicated themselves to one specific type of TV (whereas TV Land was meant to preserve the classics from the 50s, 60s, 70, and even 80s), and TBS has had a history of creating their own original sitcoms (I still remember years ago they had a sitcom set in a grocery store and I felt like they stole my idea because shortly before it came out, I was thinking there weren't any sitcoms that were set in grocery stores), but they tended to be few and far between. Now, on the other hand, it seems like they keep cranking out their own original sitcoms right and left, making them incredibly raunchy, and hiring has-been actors to play the leads . . . y'know, just like TV Land? I mean heck, one of their current sitcoms stars Richard Dreyfus in the lead for criminey's sake! And nobody likes it! Just like TV Land's sitcoms - nobody likes them (yet, for some reason, everybody who kept bashing HOT IN CLEVELAND were the exact same people who started crying when it ended). I mean, again, to me, I almost sense that TBS is actually trying to compete with TV Land in the crappy original cable sitcom department.

Drtooth

Reaction score
TBS was essentially always a rerun hub anyway. I'm glad that American Dad got renewed there, as it's vastly superior to the overrated Family Guy. The only real upgrade it got on cable is now they can say a certain word beginning with SH. The F one's still off limits. But other than that, I rarely even bother with the channel.

Now the thing that's honked me off is that NickTOONS has been polluting its line up with non-animated programming. And not in the I'll give it a pass Power Rangers way, or the why do we need this, but thankfully it's only on in a 2 hour twice a week block, but even that's too much Nick Sports sort of way or the stop running crappy movies from 2003-2010 way. The "let's throw our currently running and run into the ground live action kidcoms on the weekday schedule." They even want to put Drake and Josh reruns on the channel even though the show essentially runs most of the day on Teen Nick!! Which ticks me off the most because you have a channel already devoted to these kinds of shows outside of their main channel that runs nothing but those shows and Spongebob (disturbingly less of the latter for more of the former). I've had some mild problems with the channel in the past. Random marathons of shows they willfully cancelled daily (Monsters Vs Aliens goes through all it's episodes in a 2 week period), pulling shows out of rotation... but sometimes they manage to dust off something that got an unfair break. Like airing El Tigre to coincide with Book of Life (same creator, and El Tigre characters had brief cameos in the film).

But seriously? Do we need another venue for the Haunted Hathaways? I mean, Henry Danger isn't awful. I caught some of it and it's meh, but certainly higher quality than the crap they usually run.