Video: "The Muppets" Official ABC Trailer

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, exactly.:fanatic: Before MMW came out, I was thinking Jason could have a little cameo in the movie where he can call Walter to check on how he's doing with The Muppets.
I meant more along the lines of a Meta thing. Like a gag where Walter mistakes Jason for his brother, but Jason says "no, that was a movie" giving Walter a complex or something through the episode.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Yeah, exactly.:fanatic: Before MMW came out, I was thinking Jason could have a little cameo in the movie where he can call Walter to check on how he's doing with The Muppets.
On that note, when Jason confirmed that he wouldn't be returning for MMW, it got me to thinking about if Amy Adams would be reprising her role as Mary. It would be interesting if we got at least a peek of the wedding if not whole thing.

Iscah

Reaction score
I meant more along the lines of a Meta thing. Like a gag where Walter mistakes Jason for his brother, but Jason says "no, that was a movie" giving Walter a complex or something through the episode.
I don't think that's giving Walter enough credit. He knows "The Muppets" was just a movie. I'm sure I've seen 'behind the scenes' videos where he says so.

As an alternative I think they could have some fun with Jim Parsons (ie. 'human Walter') making an appearance. Maybe people can't tell him and Walter apart, and there's mistaken identities all episode...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Overthinking hypotheticals, are we? Personally, I'm itching for someone to make some reference to the lack of continuity and canon for the Muppets, especially when the last two films tried to put the original three films into continuity while saying they're also films. There's a lot of potential for meta humor here.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
Overthinking hypotheticals, are we? Personally, I'm itching for someone to make some reference to the lack of continuity and canon for the Muppets, especially when the last two films tried to put the original three films into continuity while saying they're also films. There's a lot of potential for meta humor here.
YES YES. THIS.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Saying that fans can't be satisfied with any change if they want what they used to get is not fair or accurate. I want smart humor and silly humor-all mixed together, like they've always done--not dumb humor and bathroom humor.
Thank you. It's strange that the minute your opinion isn't bright and cheerful, the answer must be that you're completely against change. It's just a cheap way to instantly invalidate someone's opinion.