Most Obnoxious Fandoms

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wonder if there's a mash up between Five Nights at Freddies and "You're the Birthday, you're the birthday, you're the birthday Boy or Girl." From the Simpsons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, wouldn't that work great with a Gorg?

Harleena

Reaction score
My friend (who made the comment about that ridiculously long theory which led to this) saw this, and she just stared and said "I've created a monster…" But still awesome art bro.

Slackbot

Reaction score
My friend (who made the comment about that ridiculously long theory which led to this) saw this, and she just stared and said "I've created a monster…" But still awesome art bro.
She didn't inspire this. I drew it last year during a rather dull seminar.

Harleena

Reaction score
Is it just me, or can the Madoka fandom get really mean for no reason? I made the mistake of saying that Mami Tomoe was my least favorite magical girl, and gave what I believe to be perfectly valid reasons, like that she came off as ignorant and self-centered and that her backstory felt kind of rushed. Also there was another thing, but I can't spoil it because I don't think this forum has a spoiler tag option. Sure, she had a valid reason for doing it, but that doesn't make it 100% okay. Next thing I know, I get attacked, with people calling me horrible names. I don't even dislike Mami, she's just my least favorite! And, because it's the internet, I got a lot of hate for liking Sayaka Miki. Come on, people, she's been through a lot. And tell me this, if your best friend was crippled, and they were depressed because their injuries have stopped them from doing what they love, wouldn't you want to heal them? Also, learn from my mistakes and don't say you like Hitomi Shizuki. People will call you homophobic (just because she had the line "But that's forbidden love!", or in the dub, "Girls can't love girls!") and other stuff. Hitomi didn't know about the stuff going on in Sayaka's life. She's not perfect, but she's not a monster. Plus, she sort of cleared the way for Sayaka to be with Kyoko (of course, that didn't exactly work out, but still)…so shouldn't the fandom be happy?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
People will call you homophobic (just because she had the line "But that's forbidden love!", or in the dub, "Girls can't love girls!") and other stuff. Hitomi didn't know about the stuff going on in Sayaka's life. She's not perfect, but she's not a monster.
Well I don't know the whole situation, but some fans these days seem to demand that their characters be perfect right from the start (or at least perfect reflections of themselves, heh). And as you kinda indicated, they can be quite cruelly unforgiving. They've forgotten that the whole point of a story is to watch a character start out one way and develop and grow over time. And just because a character disagrees with them on an issue, doesn't mean he or she isn't worthwhile in other ways. Causes are very important, but people shouldn't be sacrificed to them.

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
As someone who is a Whovian myself, i've never seen a fandom as fun and interesting yet simultaneously so divisive. I mean every fandom can be divisive,but Doctor Who fans can be extremely hard to please. Each DW fan has their own set idea of what the show is. So much so that every episode is divisive, every character is divisive, every single little thing is overanalyzed to the point that some fans get angry at the fake science of the show despite the fact the it's a science fiction show.

Some older fan tell the younger fans tell the younger fans that they're not real fans because they didn't watch any of the classic era episode from (1963-1989)
Some younger fans tell the older fans they're not true fans because they haven't seen the new era episodes (2005-present).

There are huge amounts of hate for every single Doctor and people that have played each of the Doctors. Some people can't stand any of his companions. They say one companion was too loud,while another one didn't say enough. Or they say that one character was too clingy, but they say another was too independent. None of this I understand because, if you don't like any of the characters on a show then why do you keep watching?

Whenever a new producer/head writer takes over the show,there's a huge amount of backlash there. And people getting bashed left and right for preferring one head writer over the other. Some fans personally attack the fans because of her/his personal preference and some even go as far as personally attacking the head writer of the show. Back in 2005,the guy who brought the show back got hundreds of death threats from old Who fans.

But on the other end of the fandom, most of the fans aren't quite as nasty.
Many fans are extremely creative and turn their passion of the show into some amazing art and other projects including fan films. Because the show is so creative,funny and imaginative, it continues to unlock people's imagination and it's helped to inspire a lot of great people including Stephen Spielberg who as been quoted as saying "The world would be a much poorer place without Doctor Who" . The fandom is generally made up of mostly normal people who are very supportive of each other. And it actually reminds me in a lot of ways of the MLP fandom.