The Letter People

Drtooth

Reaction score
Looks alright, I guess. Mr. M somehow sounds like an impersonation of Teddy from Bob's Burgers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Those honestly look like puppets I would have built. :smirk:

mr3urious

Reaction score
I also like the lispy Mad Hatter-esque voice that Mister D was provided with in the show. Seems more fitting for a dude downright deranged delivering his deep-fried delights like a drug dealer. :big_grin:

Last edited:

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Here it is, the first episode of the new "Letter People Land".
Like the original, we start with Mr. M, who's preparing yet another trip to the market on a Monday.
As corny a start as the 70s series, more or less. Though I wonder how they're gonna squeeze in the "CAPITAL/lowercase" concept into the series. Every Letter Person intro episode from the original series had a demonstration of it somewhere in there.
There's a brief cameo from another Letter Person at the very end...

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
They really seem to have got it down in essence. Seems that whoever's puppeteering Mr. M is trying to get the same movements down, but somehow it doesn't quite work as Mr. M looks much smaller this time, and the original one was much larger and unwieldy. Other than that, it does seem like an earlier Letter People skit.

I got a strange observation, though. The stock footage of Mayo is clearly from Spongebob. Same font and flowers and everything.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
To draw her actually sneezing would have been came out a little awkward for me, so it was a clever little substitute. Glad you enjoyed it!

Xerus

Reaction score
The new Mr. M episode was quite interesting. Even though Mr. M doesn't have moveable fingers anymore like in the original series. And that Muffin reminds me of another talking muffin I once saw on Sesame Street. And the new Mr. C looks more cooler.