Henson Rarities on Youtube

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
No plans for that one currently.
I've been searching for a special called 'Best Ever Muppet Moments' because I'm interested in the Muppeteer interviews filmed for it.

Is there any chance that you know where to find it online? I know I'm just spitballing, but I've been looking for it for almost a month.

tygerbug

Reaction score
"Best Ever Muppet Moments" is British, so it might actually be in the UK TV appearances I've put up; I haven't checked. There are a few clipshows like that there.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Watching the various news reports concerning Jim's death, I am surprised by the quality of some of the (I assume) Sam and Friends clips. The "That Old Black Magic" clip appears yellow instead of black and white, when all other times I've seen that clip it was clearly black and white, and there's a black and white clip of "Where Hunger Comes From", when the episode is known to exist in color. Considering only a handful of episodes were saved, I'd be surprised if there were multiple copies of the same episodes (I'd expect the Henson Company to have been the only company to have made copies). Of course, it was said in Jim Henson: The Biography that songs were included multiple times (and it's possible the same routines were repeated), so maybe they are from different episodes with the same segments (though it had been said that Jim only saved copies if there was a reason to, so I don't know why he would have saved multiple episodes with the same routines). Or maybe, considering some routines were done on multiple shows (and we know that Sam and Kermit did "That Old Black Magic" on Today), maybe some of those clips are from other appearances as opposed to Sam and Friends.

Last night I watched the restored Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years, and it looks great. I can more clearly see certain characters that I had trouble seeing before (though it is still a little hard to see who all's there if I pause it). While I had noticed that some Muppets tended to move from spot to spot, I now notice that being a more common occurrence in the special than I previously did. And just now I noticed in the scene with Jim Henson you can see Statler and Waldorf way in the background. I noticed Leo and Grump from the Muppet Meeting Films who I had not noticed before (though I had spotted Grump in a publicity photo for the special) and I think Muppet Wiki listed the David Lazer Muppet as the only Meeting Films character to appear in the special.

backpackmina

Reaction score
Thanks for posting Puppetman! Isn't Fred Newman the same guy who was on Between the Lions?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Found an 1983 UK interview with Henson & Oz about The Dark Crystal tygerbug:

cjd874

Reaction score
Just checked the Henson Rarities channel and found some goodies! A rare Ed Sullivan performance with Kermit and Grover (1970), and a presumably incomplete Muppet Show sketch taped for the Montreaux Award (1977).

tygerbug

Reaction score
"What Kind of Fool Am I" also exists in full quality color, but that hasn't leaked to the public.

Reactions: zns

zns

Reaction score
"What Kind of Fool Am I" also exists in full quality color, but that hasn't leaked to the public.
What matters is that we can all see it now in all its glory. Keep up the great work and best wishes in bringing us more videos. Also, if you have the following, that would be great

-The Muppets on the Mike Douglas Show 1966
-Evening at the Pops: An Evening with Arthur Fiedler and Friends from Sesame Street
-Out to Lunch
-Merv Griffen Salutes the Muppets

Thanks again

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, I was recently told that all of the Ed Sullivan segments that can be viewed at the Paley Center for Media (which includes this one) are presented in color, and judging by the Muppets Magic DVD, it seems like the company that owns The Ed Sullivan Show has master tapes of all the segments.

When clips from the show are included in Henson retrospectives, the clips are in black and white. I assumed that meant that The Jim Henson Company only has black and white copies, but I was told that all the segments that can be viewed at the Paley Center are in color, so it's odd that Henson would have copies in both color and black and white and yet they normally include black and white copies for these things, unless it's not the Henson Company's copies used in documentaries and retrospectives.