Muppeteers' least favorite Henson projects

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I heard this from a friend, Bill Baretta's least favorite was Elmo In Grouchland.

Princeton

Reaction score
I know I'm late to this thread, but where did you find that out?
He mentioned it on an audio commentary on the Dinosaurs Third And Fourth Season DVD set.
I heard this from a friend, Bill Baretta's least favorite was Elmo In Grouchland.
This surprises me since Bill was just a background puppeteer on this.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bill's involvement with SST in general has been minimal at best: I think Elmo's dad is the only character he's ever performed on the show.

I don't know if he actually disliked it or not, but I remember Frank talking about how confused and out-of-place he felt during the making of DC, mainly because he didn't understand why Jim felt it was necessary to bring him on as co-director (though Jim said he thought the movie would be better that way), because not only did he not really know what Jim was going for with the movie (then again, nobody really did), but nobody even came to him for insight/input anyway, they all went to Jim who did most of the actual directing anyway.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This surprises me since Bill was just a background puppeteer on this.
Bill did get one lines as a grouch, saying "I'd love to, but I don't speak English."

But I don't think the performers have to have actually been in these productions to dislike them. Somebody said Jerry Nelson didn't like Labyrinth (this is the first I've heard that), and Nelson didn't even perform in Labyrinth (could it be because he didn't like the script?).

Princeton

Reaction score
Bill's involvement with SST in general has been minimal at best: I think Elmo's dad is the only character he's ever performed on the show.
I thought Tyler Bunch performed Elmo's Dad.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I remember puppet builder James Wojtal saying more than once that while he enjoyed working on Mopatop's Shop he was never too fond of the show itself. I remember reading the Jim didn't like the Purina Dog Chow commercials. Also idk if this counts but I know Stephanie D'abruzzo hates A Special Sesame Street Christmas