Henson Rarities on Youtube

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
What matters is that we can all see it now in all its glory. Keep up the great work and best wishes in bringing us more videos. Also, if you have the following, that would be great

-The Muppets on the Mike Douglas Show 1966
-Evening at the Pops: An Evening with Arthur Fiedler and Friends from Sesame Street
-Out to Lunch
-Merv Griffen Salutes the Muppets

Thanks again
Merv Griffen 1984 Muppet episode is on DVD.

tygerbug

Reaction score
I have the full Merv Griffin episode, but not in DVD quality by any means.

The intro and outtro here are from that episode:

There's a LOT of stuff I haven't put up yet because we're worried for some reason or another, or because I haven't had the time. I have plans for some of it though, maybe outside Youtube in some cases.

https://www.patreon.com/GarrettGilchrist

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was watching some of the Henson Rarities upload of The Secrets of the Muppets, and noticed that it's a different edit from what I've seen over the years (the Nickelodeon edit, which is also on YouTube). This edit has fades to black in different spots (some of which I had suspected), and a few things that Nickelodeon cut. For some reason I assumed that since it was first broadcast on Nick that that edit was used for other broadcasts (like Odyssey). What's this copy from?

zns

Reaction score
I was looking on YouTube and I think the account was just deleted.

tygerbug

Reaction score
The account was shut down due to certain people reporting it for copyright. I've sent emails to try to correct this but can only call this a major loss. Much of what was on the channel consisted of new restored edits unavailable elsewhere.

Some of the Henson Rarities material is on Vimeo but very little.
https://vimeo.com/user915081/videos

As for Secrets of the Muppets, like much of the content on Henson Rarities this was an original restoration by myself which took some work [and which I never officially finished]. I was replacing many of the clips with higher-quality material from DVD and so on.

The actual source for the episode I don't know much about, but to my knowledge it's not from any broadcast; it's the correct, original version of the episode as prepared for The Jim Henson Hour. For instance, "Couldn't We Ride" and the commercial breaks display the Jim Henson Hour logo, which I approximated in the edit. Nickelodeon obviously made some changes for their purposes. I seem to recall there are no commercials on the tape, just black screen.

The low quality versions of "Food" and "Living With Dinosaurs" that circulate are similarly not from broadcast, although the non-Jim Henson Hour versions that we dug up are [including some high quality copies of "Dinosaurs" and "The Jim Henson Show: Food"].

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The actual source for the episode I don't know much about, but to my knowledge it's not from any broadcast; it's the correct, original version of the episode as prepared for The Jim Henson Hour. For instance, "Couldn't We Ride" and the commercial breaks display the Jim Henson Hour logo, which I approximated in the edit. Nickelodeon obviously made some changes for their purposes. I seem to recall there are no commercials on the tape, just black screen.
I thought it was odd how the logo appears at the end of the Couldn't We Ride clip. The show had special screens showing the logo before commercial breaks, but otherwise not in the footage shown before fading to black.

tygerbug

Reaction score
"Couldn't We Ride" is the only example I know of, of the Jim Henson Hour logo appearing over footage at a break. I recreated it for quality reasons but it is as per the original.

backpackmina

Reaction score
The account was shut down due to certain people reporting it for copyright. I've sent emails to try to correct this but can only call this a major loss. Much of what was on the channel consisted of new restored edits unavailable elsewhere.

Some of the Henson Rarities material is on Vimeo but very little.
https://vimeo.com/user915081/videos
Have you considered maybe reposting everything on Dailymotion? I've noticed that the site is pretty lenient when it comes to copyright things.

tygerbug

Reaction score
Anyone else can feel free to post material on Dailymotion or Vimeo. At the moment I cannot repeat all of that work.

zns

Reaction score
Anyone else can feel free to post material on Dailymotion or Vimeo. At the moment I cannot repeat all of that work.
I just went on YouTube, and I just discovered that your page is back up with all of the videos that you posted.