Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After seeing what Mini Mates generally look like, these look better than I was expecting. They sort of look similar to the Muppet Vinylmation toys (only without Mickey ears and a lot more articulation).

I had been thinking that the whole Electric Mayhem should be included in the same wave, and this one doesn't have any of them (not even Animal), but now that I see it's three sets of figures (and one variant), I guess it'll just be an Electric Mayhem set (if we get one). Hmm, if they do, I wonder if it would include Lips (I'd include him with Animal, the most popular of the group) or Rowlf (to give the set two "big guns", though the whole "original five" should be close enough to big gun status).

Has anybody thought about asking Diamond Select Toys if the first wave of action figures will include anybody not in the first wave of Mini Mates?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, the return of Bluenoser Gonzo and Bug-Eyed Scooter. :scary:

Personally, I would have prefered Piggy come with Foo-Foo instead. Meh, I can't really pass judgment until I have a chance to have them in hand, but that would mean buying them, and I'ma not sure I'd go that far with these. Glad that there's a new company putting out Muppet figures/figurines again, but they should rully get better sculpts if the comments here are anything to go by.

j3h

Reaction score
Personally I'm not a fan of mini-mates in general, so these pretty much came out as I expected. I do have very high hopes for the action figure line.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
These look great as they are mini mates they do have to keep to the minimates style of square heads which maybe why some of them look a little odd but nothing terrible. I do love the reference on Scooters clipboard that is a awesome touch i can't wait to see the select line soon aswell

los

Reaction score
If Robin is going to be made with no articulation they could have fixed the sculpt. Especially the legs as they look like they got mangled in an accident.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
If Robin is going to be made with no articulation they could have fixed the sculpt. Especially the legs as they look like they got mangled in an accident.
The paint apps kind of reveal that these are likely just the prototypes. All will likely be neater and cleaner when they're released this winter.

los

Reaction score
The paint apps kind of reveal that these are likely just the prototypes. All will likely be neater and cleaner when they're released this winter.
True but you can clearly see the separation in the joints of all the others which are the main toy and not an accessory. Just like Camilla, which may be a stock chicken from another line, no articulation was done. Seeing as Robin may be a one time mold, no additional tooling would be cost effective. Still a shame if other short/small Muppets are treated the same way. Overall pleased with the line

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
True but you can clearly see the separation in the joints of all the others which are the main toy and not an accessory. Just like Camilla, which may be a stock chicken from another line, no articulation was done. Seeing as Robin may be a one time mold, no additional tooling would be cost effective. Still a shame if other short/small Muppets are treated the same way. Overall pleased with the line
If you look at Robin's arms, you will see how his leg joint is composed. My guess is that his legs are also jointed in this way so that he can stand. While the overlap may seem crude, such is the way of the design of this type of figure.

Kermit's legs are composed differently from Robin's. His joints are more straightforward and without that overlap thingy.
My observation about these being prototypes comes from the fact that some of the joints on these figures appear to be painted shut. I'd imagine that will likely be worked out before they are released.