The Muppet Mindset

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Of course the biggest contrast between the two sites that I can think of now is that The Muppet Mindset was made to allow contributions from fans, while Tough Pigs rarely allows other contributors to contribute articles, but there have been occasional guest articles.
The Muppet Mindset began because of a few members frustrated at the inability to write their own articles for the site and the fact they stop posting any constant news updates. So Ryan decided to start his own blog in which fans can voice their opinions, which Muppet Central had not.

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er... I believe you mean that the Muppet Mindset started due to Muppet Central's home page not featuring currently updated news articles, which is understandable given that the forum is its chief form of fan involvement/information. And I'd say we pretty much voice our opinions on pretty much everything around here with almost each post that gets posted.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The real skinny on the Muppet Mindset is that Ryan approached the MC staff in 2009 with the hope to make the website portion active again like it was in the old days. He sent in a lot of material and nothing happened for months. I guess MC wasn't interested so he decided to go it alone and started the Mindset. A lot of fans were inspired to help him too. This had nothing to do with Tough Pigs. In fact, both sites had a very friendly rivalry and even teamed-up on a few rare occasions. It must be stated that Tough Pigs has accepted many fan contributions over the years and fan involvement is paramount over there. That said, I think it's safe to say that no Muppet site has had as many continuous fan contributions as the Mindset did. I hope they continue that tradition now that Ryan has gone all famous on us. Hehe. It's just so cool to know we have such a fantastic ally over there. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yesterday The Muppet Mindset started Throw Penguins Thursday, where an older article is posted again.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, it does draw attention to older articles that newer readers may not be familiar with. On the other, it could cause a lot of impatience from people waiting for their articles to be posted at times when a lot of people have sent in articles.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't notice, then again, I havent gone to the Mindset since Wednesday. The only gripe I have, and it's minor, is that since Jarrod's been running the site the articles are being posted with an Australian date stamp. For instance, the WMW for this week got posted on Wednesday May 27 2015, but it's stamp states that it was posted on May 28 2015 (which was yesterday, a Thursday). That, and my WMW entry for Polly Darton is missing it's character photo.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
So I decided to write about something that's been happening a lot lately since news about 'the muppets.' started to be released. I just thought it really needed to be said:

https://muppetmindset.wordpress.com

Do you agree, or am I just overthinking the situation?
Thank you so much for your contribution to the site! I think the article was great and it touched on a lot of things that needed to be said. :smile:

WalterLinz

Reaction score
So I decided to write about something that's been happening a lot lately since news about 'the muppets.' started to be released. I just thought it really needed to be said:

https://muppetmindset.wordpress.com

Do you agree, or am I just overthinking the situation?
Good article, Marni! I totally agree with you...is it really even necessary to keep on worrying about the show for 3 more months until Sept. 22?? I respect everyone's opinion, but I'd rather just relax and give the show a chance (and remain excited about it!) rather than wasting my summer just overthinking about it too.:stick_out_tongue:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing I started thinking about is how The Muppets will be reviewed on The Muppet Mindset. I wonder if there'll be weekly reviews of each episode, or if the reviews will come at the end of the month (like with the Sesame Street episode reviews).

It would be kind of cool if they ran special "contests" for fans to write reviews for each episode (just send an e-mail if you want to do a review and a winner will be selected randomly or drawn out of a hat), or if fans could send in their thoughts in just a few sentences and then all get pieced together into single articles.

Of course I also wonder if Tough Pigs will do reviews for each episode. Tough Pigs doesn't do that for Sesame Street or other Henson shows, but this seems like a bigger deal than all of those.

As long as the show runs, I'd like to do some kind of annual articles after each season ends. Like "Five Good Things and Five Bad Things About The Muppets: Season x", or "Top ten episodes of The Muppets, season whatever".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Although today is Tuesday, The Muppet Mindset decided to post its final Weekly Muppet Wednesday article today.

https://muppetmindset.wordpress.com/2016/02/24/the-final-weekly-muppet-wednesday-gloria-estefan/

It's sad that the article series is over. So most of the really major characters are covered, but there's still quite a few significant ones who could be featured. King Goshposh, Featherstone, Fletcher Bird,Harry the Hipster, Denise, Chip, Nigel the director, Sonny Friendly, Sam the Robot, The Gogolala Jubilee Jugband, Carter, Beard, Lindbergh, Splurge, and Wally. I had thought up articles on those characters (and some) in my head, though some are harder for me to think up articles for than others. I would have waited until the first season of The Muppets was over at least before doing articles on any of that shows characters.

Of course, since The Muppets began, the site has been putting out reviews on the following day, which happened to be Wednesday. There were a few times when Weekly Muppet Wednesday articles came out on different days. I find it a little ironic, if I'm not misusing that word here, that WMW ends just before the first season ends (when we'll have at least seven months when there won't be new episodes of The Muppets). And yet it was also scarce to get new WMW articles on the weeks when there wasn't a new episode. Maybe it seems there was less interest.