Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

snichols1973

Reaction score
Yeah well at least you haven't come across a comment saying Kermit is a toad. Kermit the Toad. -_-
Kermit: ::spits out wine:: A toad?!

(from The Frog Prince, hehe)
It could be worse, someone might mistake Kermit the Frog for a lizard:

According to the Character Origins section of Kermit's bigraphy:
http://www.muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Kermit_the_Frog

The earliest version of Kermit first appeared in 1955 on Sam and Friends, Jim Henson's five-minute puppet show that aired twice daily on WRC-TV. The soon-to-be-famous frog had humble origins, as Henson explained in 1977: "I'd paint the scenery, and Janie would carry it in the station wagon. We made the first Kermit from one of my mother's old coats with Ping-Pong balls for his eyes." Kermit was built in March 1955. The character, however, was first copyrighted in 1956.

In the early days of the character, Kermit wasn't yet a frog -- he was more of a lizard-like, abstract character. As Henson explained, "Kermit started out as a way of building, putting a mouth and covering over my hand. There was nothing in Kermit outside of the piece of cardboard -- it was originally cardboard -- and the cloth shape that was his head. He's one of the simplest kinds of puppets that you can make, and he's very flexible because of that... which gives him a range of expression."

In later years, Henson said that Kermit didn't become a frog until the 1971 special The Frog Prince, a claim that made its way into the 1993 book Jim Henson: The Works.
However, Kermit's froghood asserted itself as early as 1965, when Johnny Carson referred to him as "Kermit the Frog" on a December 31st Tonight Show appearance. The 1966 Montgomery Wards catalog which featured the Ideal Muppet puppets refers to Kermit as a "fanciful frog". Kermit refers to himself as a frog in the 1968 special The Muppets on Puppets. The special Hey Cinderella!, which was recorded in 1968, featured a redesigned Kermit puppet; his round feet were replaced with flippers, and he was given a fringed collar with thirteen points. By the time that Kermit appeared on the Sesame Street Pitch Reel, he was a full-fledged frog.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I dont know if anyone mentioned this or not, but I can't tell you how many older people I knew as a kid would call the Muppets the "Muffets". It would drive me crazy. My step-sister even said it after we left Muppet Vision 3D at Disney Hollywood Studios, "That Muffet show was great." lol For me, thats right up there with the Rowlf/Ralf thing. People kill me!!! :grr:

Announcer: "And now, the moment you've all been waiting for: The Muffets Go to the Movies"!
:smile:: That's Muppets! The Muppets Go to the Movies!
:embarrassed:: I never could spell.

Announcer: And now, The Muppets Go to the Movies!

snichols1973

Reaction score
I saw this part on YouTube again and it was hilarious. Oh by the way, my typing can be bad too sometimes. No offense for the bear, but that bad grammar can happen to me too.

If somebody said, "Is that Kermit the forg?" I would respond, "It's Kermit the "frog", f-r-o-g, okay kid?"
From The Muppet Movie (1979):

Prof. Krassman (Mel Brooks): We take your friend, the little F-O-R-G, put him in his chair, clamp on the terminals, drop the "electric yarmulke", and then throw what we call in German - "The Svitch" !

snichols1973

Reaction score
So has anyone else here read a comment about someone thinking Fozzie and Gonzo are related? -_-
Announcer: Coming soon to a discount theater near you, it's "The Dismal Muffet Adventure", featuring Merkit the Forg, Fonzie Bear, and the not-so-great Gozzo as three indistinguishable identical triplet brother reporters!

HuggaMahna

Reaction score
My brother called Sweetums "Jack" the other day. I replied: "Jack not name. Jack JOB!"

He also kept calling Animal "Monster".

Muppet Master

Reaction score
This is off topic, but I thought it would give a good laugh.

"The current voices for the Muppets are TERRIBLE! I can do a better imitation of Kermit than Steve Whitmire, and all the various characters just sound off. (The Swedish Chef sounds like he's grunting after gargling whiskey, like if Zakk Wylde is playing him , and who ever the **** is playing professor honeydew isn't even trying"

This is from a user on IMDB about the new muppet show.

backpackmina

Reaction score
I don't know why this bothers me as much as it does, but who started the "fun fact" that Ellis Flyte played Big-Fat-Ugly-Bug-Face-Baby-Eating O'Brien when it's really Jessica Hamilton? I guess people think that because of "O'Brien"?