Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

cjd874

Reaction score
After years, and years of us talking about a certain skit with :super: and :batty:...

LOOK WHAT FINALLY SAW THE LIGHT OF DAY!!!!!!!!

Huge thanks to whoever found this! This certainly lived up to my high expectations, given that there's been lots of speculation about this skit for years. I'm pretty sure that only a few of us on the forum saw this skit when it first aired (1973-1974), and I don't think it was shown much more after that. Good to see this "Holy Grail" bit again. We gotta alert Fuzzy Gobo, Katzi428, and whoever else grew up with 1970s SS.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Huge thanks to whoever found this! This certainly lived up to my high expectations, given that there's been lots of speculation about this skit for years. I'm pretty sure that only a few of us on the forum saw this skit when it first aired (1973-1974), and I don't think it was shown much more after that. Good to see this "Holy Grail" bit again. We gotta alert Fuzzy Gobo, Katzi428, and whoever else grew up with 1970s SS.
As it turns out, some more rare episodes were just uncovered. (7 more episodes from Season 1 and 5 episodes from Season 10)

But taking your advice, @fuzzygobo and @Katzi428 are you reading this?

And @cjd874 while we're at it, how about we round up some more familiar friends to watch this long hidden in the vault skit! "HEY, EVERYBODYYY! SUSAN! MR. LOOPER! MARIIII-AAAAA!!!” (For anybody who's wondering, this is a quote I stole from cjd874's 30th original SST Old School Outline as a joke to use here.)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
As it turns out, some more rare episodes were just uncovered. (7 more episodes from Season 1 and 5 episodes from Season 10)
I've noticed that after looking at Muppet Wiki. I hope I can find out which ones have full guides by now (I think I saw two full season ten guides yesterday).

It's interesting, those seasons seem to be the ones we keep getting. When Sesame Street first put classic episodes on iTunes, seasons one and ten were two of the three seasons included. And last year, a number of first and tenth season episodes suddenly showed up in fan collections (and I think those season ten episodes were time-coded as well). And now there's more episodes from those seasons that'll probably get guides at Muppet Wiki.

Of course, Oscarfan also got some season 12 episodes. Episode 1447 now has a guide, and I've seen red links for some other 12th season episodes on certain Muppet Wiki pages. I hope he got an episode with the "Bring Your Own Can Night" segment.

I'm so glad I finally got to see a Leslie Mostly segment in English. I was t wondering what kind of voice she had, especially since I hadn't known any woman voices Michael Earl could do. I heard a hint of the ticket taker from the "Bring Your Own Can Night" clip.

And looking at the episode page for episode 1447, I was surprised to see that Countess Dahling von Dahling is The Count's 5th cousin. I thought she was a girlfriend (I don't think the shows producers would want to promote being in a relationship with family). I'm pretty sure Sesame Street Unpaved says she's one of his girlfriends, maybe it was a mistake based on the fact that she's a woman often seen with him. Or maybe the writers forgot about the cousin thing and made them boyfriend/girlfriend (had there been clips that suggested a romantic relationship between them?). I'm also surprised to see that her first appearance was without The Count (also surprised to see that she got a solo song as well).