Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Forum Upgrade June 20, 2015

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our forum upgrade was a success. Please post here with any comments and questions and we'll try to help. There is still a lot of tweaking to be done over the next few days so please be patient during the adjustment.

Before you post, please carefully read about some of the new features that are now active on our forum. You'll also notice many other improvements as you maneuver around our forum interface.

Many bugs and browser compatibility issues have been updated as well. If you are experiencing a specific issue after the upgrade, please post what browser you are using on what device and we'll try to help.

Thanks for your understanding during the downtime while the upgrade was being performed.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think providing updates for posts being moved or deleted is a good idea, it can be odd to log in and see a post or thread removed. It will provide some clarity on those situations.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I noticed when viewing the forum as a guest, there's a widget on the index below members online that shows "recent" profile status updates (my last one. "WOO-HOO!" is included) . . . but that was a feature that was actually taken away shortly after it was added, and it appears it's still no longer a feature we have. So, what exactly is the point of having the widget on the index showing outdated profile status updates from three years ago if the feature itself is still no longer available?

Other than that, I'm ecstatic to see that Rich Text Editor isn't bogged down anymore whenever I type a post.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow an explanation as to why a post, and or thread is being moved or deleted by a Moderator sounds interesting. Does this mean you may need more staff?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, what exactly is the point of having the widget on the index showing outdated profile status updates from three years ago if the feature itself is still no longer available?
Thank you for pointing this out. This sidebar element has now been removed for guests. If you see any other references to "profile posts" let us know as this feature has been disabled since 2012.

Other than that, I'm ecstatic to see that Rich Text Editor isn't bogged down anymore whenever I type a post.
Great news! We're so glad this is working better for you now.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Question, because I'm unsure if this was covered by the new features added yesterday. How do I remove someone who is "following me" who I wish not to be following me at all?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Question, because I'm unsure if this was covered by the new features added yesterday. How do I remove someone who is "following me" who I wish not to be following me at all?
The only way I can find is my ignoring them. There may be a better way to do that though. Isn't there a way you can just block them completely?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No, ignoring a forum member is akin to blocking them and whatever content they post.
What I'm talking about is the Twitter feature of following someone and having others in turn follow you. And if I had a Twitter account, I'd be able to easily mark the people I don't want following me... But this is something different and I feel that only Phil may be able to answer.

Thanks for your help though.

Bridget

Reaction score
This was an absolutely phenomenal update Phillip, thank you! One question I do have is are signatures now disabled around the forum?