What was the last DVD you bought and why?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since I was given a considerable amount of spendature for my birthday, I decided to invest in a few new DVDs.

I got the first two TOY STORY movies - 1 to replace my 20-year-old VHS copy, and 2 because I never owned a copy of it . . . so it's kind of nice to see 3 isn't alone on my shelf anymore.

I also got THE GREEN MILE, as it's a really superb movie with a stellar cast, and great acting; I'm a little surprised I would enjoy such a dramatic movie, but I do.

I also ordered the first two seasons of THE ODD COUPLE (Tony Randall and Jack Klugman, thank you very much) - I intend on purchasing the other seasons, but at a later time, I decided to just order the first two to start with.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The two most newest DVDs I bought for me were.
Gremlins 2: buy one get 1/2 sale at FYE, so why not.
Old School Volume 1: Next I have to track down the last volume 3.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Last time I bought a DVD was when I went Christmas shopping at Best Buy last year. I bought four movies:

Muppets Most Wanted - Bought this because of obvious reasons. :smile:
Frozen
- Bought it so me and my family could watch it together. I haven't seen the whole movie yet, weird enough.
Full Metal Jacket - I've wanted to see the whole movie after I heard about it a while ago. I was interested in seeing what Marine boot camp was like, and knowing Stanley Kubrick directed the film, I decided to get it.
Office Space - I used to spend lots of time on YTMND, and I knew the "I believe you have my stapler" meme came from this. I thought the plot summary was interesting, so I bought the movie. I haven't had a chance to watch the entire movie yet.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Gosh, I couldn't began to list all the DVDs and Blu Rays I bought since the last time I've posted here. But here are a few I bought recently in the past year or so...

Muppets Most Wanted- Being a member on this forum should explain that.
Batman: Assault on Arkham- Because I love Batman. And the fact that one of my geek crushes Harley Quinn is in it.:flirt:

Plus a ton more super hero themed movies and tv show DVDs including the 1994 Fantasic Four series, the last two Superman movies, the Amazing Spider man 2 and Batman vs Robin.

Also...

Kim Possible all seasons- Costed me some good money but I wanted it so, I'm happy.

The California Raisins Collection-
I've been waiting to get this for awhile now. Good fruit singing Motown claymation fun.

I'm sure there are more, but I can't list them all right now, :smile:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Stewie Griffin:The Untold Story. It was the funniest Family Guy episode EVER! Although, I was hoping for a Muppet reference. They even showed David Bowie without talking about Labyrinth, :frown:.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
The Alvin Show. 3 episodes only, but it's a treat just to own some of this rare cartoon eye candy in high quality. I wouldn't mind double dipping when more DVDs come out, if ever.

Xerus

Reaction score
I just recently got the 80's Q-bert cartoon series on DVD. The show that was originally part of the Saturday Supercade series. It's great reliving that old rare cartoon based on a video game again. http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/21659

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Bought the complete Beetlejuice the Animated Series DVD set for my fan-project what with wanting to have immediately accessible images of characters that don't have individual pages nor pics at the BJ Wiki. :batty: