Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The copy of "Sully's Love Song (Yes)" must have been an incomplete copy, because the Muppet Wiki page for it does not contain an EKA.

In fact I read about a season ten episode with the character Georgie, and her Muppet Wiki page does not mention who performed her. I guess it's an unknown voice.

After seeing the Muppet Wiki pages for those season 12 episodes (I think there's now pages for all the season 12 episodes there's going to be in the near-future), considering we now know info on most of the first week, I'm surprised none of them feature Deena and Pearl segments (aside from Deena appearing in the "Big Hello" number in episode 1447). Even though the writers quickly found Deena to be annoying, considering Deena was Karen Prell's main character I would have thought they'd be featured sooner in the first week of that season (maybe they appear in episode 1450). Of course, the twelfth season also introduced Ferlinghetti Donnizetti, Warren Wolf, and the Honkers, who are also absent from these four episodes, and none of them feature anything with Dr. Nobel Price or Elmo, who were promoted as new characters (even though they had been around in the previous season).

When I saw the guide for the episode with the (I assume) one-shot character Max, I assumed he was performed by Michael Earl, so I was surprised to see he was actually performed by Kevin Clash (okay, not too surprised, since he was known to have performed in the twelfth season).

Also interesting to know that Karen Prell had another character (Masha) besides Deena. I wonder if Masha continued to appear after Karen was let go from the show.

I knew that most of the main performers from the 1970s were busy with The Muppet Show and had limited time to do Sesame Street, but it is a shame they didn't have Jim, Frank, Jerry, or Richard around for the first week. It's pretty much all Caroll, Brian, Michael, Karen, and Kevin on the street. I had no idea that Brian Meehl originated Countess Dahling von Dahling, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Fran Brill didn't originate her.

The more I think about it, the more I think episode 1447 was meant to be the season premiere. The "Big Hello" song seems like a good way to open the season (in a similar way that the opening scenes for seasons 1, 3, 4, 6, and 7 were great ways to open those seasons), and we get introduced to The Countess (maybe not that big a deal).

I don't want to feel like I'm complaining about what's not included (for the most part, I'm surprised at what wasn't in the first four episodes of the 12th season, which would have still been the case if we didn't get them all now), but I hope that whoever supplied the episodes can somehow supply episodes from seasons 2 and 3 in the near future.

In the "What Is It?" segment, Prairie does guess that it's a red rubber ball, but apparently her telling them what she thinks it is doesn't count as a guess? Even after saying it, she says "I'm gonna say it"... What a confusing way to end it. "What Is It" feels a little similar to "Mystery Guest", in that both segments have three contestants who are all familiar characters, I sort of want to do a "What Is It vs. Mystery Guest" thread.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That's going way back to 1973-74 at the latest, when Oscar had the brown trunk next to his can as opposed to the big wooden crate.

Not a lot of room for Caroll to move around, is there?

I don't know who gets the bigger kick- someone like me who hasn't seen this in 40 years, or you young people who are seeing it for the first time.

Whoever dug this gem up (no names mentioned, to protect your identity), thank you:smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
In fact I read about a season ten episode with the character Georgie, and her Muppet Wiki page does not mention who performed her. I guess it's an unknown voice.
It's Bob Payne, I'm almost certain.

The copy of "Sully's Love Song (Yes)" must have been an incomplete copy, because the Muppet Wiki page for it does not contain an EKA.
It's in one of the season 10 episodes we got; I just forgot which one it was when I made the page.