Questions about anything

Harleena

Reaction score
Well, I figured out my dreams a while ago. They were about sexism among gamers. Especially against girls. Luckily it's not as bad in the local gaming club thing (we just meet up one Saturday every month, except in the summers because the organizers are away, and we bring a bunch of TVs and consoles and pretty much play video games for 12 hours straight). My other question is, why do people get so angry over pointless things? Like, my friend once flipped out because I borrowed an extra guitar pick from her one day and accidentally snapped it in half. Like, that's what you get if your guitar picks are made out of Newbury Comics gift cards. And I can't help it if my playing style is wild and unrestrained!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not a coffee drinker, but I'm familiar with the drink enough to have to wonder something: sometimes, some people say they'll take their coffee, "Black. With plenty of cream and sugar." But, if it has cream and sugar in it, then how can it be black?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So did the saber toothed tiger from The Flintstones ever appear outside of the closing? And did it have a name?

Harleena

Reaction score
What happens if you put a werewolf on the moon? And do they need Earth's moon to transform, or could they transform if a moon like Phobos or Deimos or Ganymede is full? And does it have to be a real full moon, or can it just be a picture of a full moon? Could you simply moon a werewolf for them to transform (like in the Halloween episode of Ned's Declassified)?

Luke kun

Reaction score
What festival did Yuuta and Akane take Mega Man and Roll to at the beginning of the Mega Man: Upon a Star episode "Future Beware"? I'd like to visit that festival.

And do Japanese festivals have Whack-a-Mole as one of their games?

Harleena

Reaction score
I wonder if they'll ever give Hoshi no Kābī (Kirby: Right Back at Ya! in America) a redub, like they did with Sailor Moon…because I like the Kirby characters and I like anime, so I'd love to see this, but I hate watching subs yet I don't want to watch it all hacked to pieces. (Although I am curious to see how bad they messed up King Dedede)

mr3urious

Reaction score
What festival did Yuuta and Akane take Mega Man and Roll to at the beginning of the Mega Man: Upon a Star episode "Future Beware"? I'd like to visit that festival.

And do Japanese festivals have Whack-a-Mole as one of their games?
I believe you're looking for the Bon Festival.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if they'll ever give Hoshi no Kābī (Kirby: Right Back at Ya! in America) a redub, like they did with Sailor Moon…because I like the Kirby characters and I like anime, so I'd love to see this, but I hate watching subs yet I don't want to watch it all hacked to pieces. (Although I am curious to see how bad they messed up King Dedede)
I feel that dub gets more hate than it deserves. I'm more annoyed that 4Kids blundered the license when they swore Kirby was going to be the new Pikachu. Only took well after the show ended to get any American Kirby merchandise (outside of a Wendy's promotion).

The only "hacks" I have a problem with are how in the Pappy Potter episode they freaking cut out King DeeDeeDee's book burning. The show in Japan actually made fun of the idiocy of ultra-fundamental Christian groups that made Harry Potter their windmill crusade. I mean, the ONE country that would get the reference would be the US. What? Were they being sensitive to a bunch of fear crazed bigots that deserve all the lambasting they can get? And the other one, and this was on insistence of Nintendo themselves, was moving up a lead in to the series finale because they wanted to promote the just released in the US Air Ride game.

Other than that, I actually quite enjoyed the dub for the most part. I'd venture to say it was one of their better ones. Not quite Ultimate Muscle or Funky Cops where they actually had fun with and oddly improved upon the source material to some extent (Funky Cops eventually got another dub, but without any of the humor or energy 4Kids had). But the voice work was actually quite good. I loved hiow Escargoon was Paul Lynde and DeeDeeDee was Don King (same voice actor used the same voice for a caricature of Don King in their Funky Cops dub, so that's essentially confirmation). I can see hate for some of their other dubs, but they did a decent enough job with this one.

As for it getting a redub? I don't think so. Even as an anime, I doubt Nintendo cares about any outside adaption other than Pokemon, since that's essentially their cash cow. personally, I just want the series to be relicensed so it can get a proper DVD release, dub or no dub. C'mon Discotech. Maybe have the same deal with Samurai Pizza Cats and release DVD's of both the dub and original Japanese version.