Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I don't know who gets the bigger kick- someone like me who hasn't seen this in 40 years, or you young people who are seeing it for the first time.
As someone who's been listening to this song on the Let a Frown Be Your Umbrella album for the last 6 years, this was a definite surprise!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought I knew how Oscarfan got those episodes, then after finding out they are on some downloading site, I thought he had uploaded them there, but then I checked my e-mail and got an e-mail from one fan who has a mailing list of Muppet content for download (I've been on that list and yet I haven't downloaded anything) who supposedly did that. Don't know how he obtained the episodes.

But all this time, I thought Oscarfan got the episodes from Sesame Workshop. I know that he had the privledge of visiting the set twice due to him taking the ice bucket challenge after Cookie Monster challenged him, and thought that episodes of the show were given to him as another special gift. I guess I was wrong.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I thought I knew how Oscarfan got those episodes, then after finding out they are on some downloading site, I thought he had uploaded them there, but then I checked my e-mail and got an e-mail from one fan who has a mailing list of Muppet content for download (I've been on that list and yet I haven't downloaded anything) who supposedly did that. Don't know how he obtained the episodes.

But all this time, I thought Oscarfan got the episodes from Sesame Workshop. I know that he had the privledge of visiting the set twice due to him taking the ice bucket challenge after Cookie Monster challenged him, and thought that episodes of the show were given to him as another special gift. I guess I was wrong.
I heard Oscarfan works at the Paley Center, so probably we got work-prints.

Oscarfan

Reaction score

Are you talking about Garret (aka Tylerbug aka "Henson Rarities")? He's not the one who obtained them. One of the Wiki admins (Scott) got them from someone and he's the one sharing it with us. Garret got the link from him and shared with a wider variety of people.

To clarify, I haven't been to the set at all (it was offered, but nothing came of it sadly); only their headquarters. It's a little implausible they'd give me full episodes like that as a gift (I was gifted some neat Sesame swag, however).

I heard Oscarfan works at the Paley Center, so probably we got work-prints.
I do intern there, yes. Taking material out of the museum is prohibited, so that's not where they're coming from. And we don't have any of these uncovered episodes there anyway.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Question. Do we really need to know where Oscarfan got these clips or can we just be thankful he got them?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Question. Do we really need to know where Oscarfan got these clips or can we just be thankful he got them?
Exactly. Don't question, just be thankful is something I always say.

And this is pretty typical. I don't mean to be rude, but as soon as something rare appears, people either go "WOW cool, thanks!" or "UPLOAD THIS SEGMENT FROM 1972!!!!"

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Are you talking about Garret (aka Tylerbug aka "Henson Rarities")? He's not the one who obtained them. One of the Wiki admins (Scott) got them from someone and he's the one sharing it with us. Garret got the link from him and shared with a wider variety of people.

To clarify, I haven't been to the set at all (it was offered, but nothing came of it sadly); only their headquarters. It's a little implausible they'd give me full episodes like that as a gift (I was gifted some neat Sesame swag, however).

I do intern there, yes. Taking material out of the museum is prohibited, so that's not where they're coming from. And we don't have any of these uncovered episodes there anyway.
I still remember not too long ago when the Paley Center (I remember when it used to be on East 53rd Street) used to be the only place to see old Henson commercials, Sesame's first episode, and other Muppet goodies. In some ways, it's great there's so much more available today. But coming into Manhattan and making the Paley pilgrimage used to be a special trip.

Kind of bittersweet. There's so much available for everyone to enjoy, but they don't have to trek to New York to see it.

Still, you're lucky to work there. The Paley Center will always seem like a second home to me.