Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score

gbrobeck

Reaction score
Great clips showing up lately, thanks to the uploaders! Quick question... is anyone able to point me in the right direction of obtaining the full episodes that have recently turned up? I did manage to find the season 1 shows that turned up last year. Thanks.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Here's an interesting clip from the early 70s, where Big Bird and friends play some hockey against the Chicago Blackhawks.

Not sure what it's from, but the AV Club speculates it may be from a promotional clip (did they do live shows in the early 70s?).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thanks again for what you have been able to post. I'm certainly grateful to see some of these gems again after... decades sometimes.

And it's always a shame, no matter how much cool stuff you post, no matter what trouble you went through to bring it to people, some will never appreciate your efforts. Instead they will always demand (not request, DEMAND!!!) more to satisfy their own selfishness.

It frustrates me that no matter how much some people have, it will never be enough. So much for gratitude.

"Gimme all 4,000 episodes now cuz I'm entitled to it and I'm like 15 years old and like I've been watching Sezmee Streat back in the day."
On the one had, it's hard not to get excited. We all have to realize how much of a boon YT is for... well, anything. I'm not talking about Sesame or Muppet clips. There's a crapload of lost/hard to find/abandoned content you just can't find streaming or on DVD. Companies tend to write off things they don't bother profiting from, and we have lost TV shows and stuff you can only find due to someone having some old VHS lying around and having the time and equipment to upload it. It's not like someone's going to say "Hey! Let's put the entire Eek the Cat series on DVD!" or "You know that show we had on Saturday Morning for a year that didn't really get an audience and the network dropped it? Goldmine, people!" Things previously thought to be gone forever, or in a vault getting sat on have leaked due to someone having access to them.

But at the same time we all have to be patient and know that some of these uploaders only have that many episodes on VHS or something. Not a full series, not it great quality sometimes. I feel that it's okay to ask for more politely, but to graciously accept that they can't if they say they don't have it. But non-stop pestering and spamming? That's not okay. They don't have access to everything unless they were completists in their youth. And those who manage to come across rare stuff in the case of Sesame Street, don't have access to the insane expansive completion of over 4000 episodes.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Great clips showing up lately, thanks to the uploaders! Quick question... is anyone able to point me in the right direction of obtaining the full episodes that have recently turned up? I did manage to find the season 1 shows that turned up last year. Thanks.
I'll PM you.