Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't mind it. Considering that bit is from 2005, that's 15 years ago. Back in 2008, their standard for "Old School" was anything before fall 1993. So, technically speaking, 7 years later, that qualifies as "old school" to keep up with the math.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I don't mind it. Considering that bit is from 2005, that's 15 years ago. Back in 2008, their standard for "Old School" was anything before fall 1993. So, technically speaking, 7 years later, that qualifies as "old school" to keep up with the math.
I suppose that's true. But it's still kind of a pretty big change if you ask me.

hooperfan

Reaction score
The only real rarity that Sesame Workshop presented this week is the "I Don't Wanna" segment...but it's better than nothing... Maybe they'll dig up more clips down the road...hoping to see some of the cast from the 70s

Drtooth

Reaction score
I suppose that's true. But it's still kind of a pretty big change if you ask me.
Logic aside, I really don't think anything after 2003 should be considered "Old School" as 2003's season is essentially modern era when all the big changes started happening. I don't find 10-15 years to be that long ago. 3 times older than it's target demo, yes. Old enough to be considered classic? Not so much. Maybe in 2020 (not that far away), just not quite yet.

Seems to me if they release that much 2000 era stuff as "old school," the easier to find clips that are more recent may take away from the really old school clips from the 70's-90's era.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The only real rarity that Sesame Workshop presented this week is the "I Don't Wanna" segment...but it's better than nothing... Maybe they'll dig up more clips down the road...hoping to see some of the cast from the 70s
To be fair, it was "Old School Week", not "Sesame Street Rarities Week". I had hoped and wondered if we'd get anything we hadn't seen (or at the very least something not on sesamestreet.org), and we did.

I hope they make "Old School Week" a regular thing. It would also be great if they would have more themed weeks for us fans. Maybe a "Parodies Week", or a week dedicated to characters who no longer appear. Heck, when The Muppets premieres this fall, it'd be great if they'd have a "Kermit Week".

Garrett

Reaction score
As it turns out, some more rare episodes were just uncovered. (7 more episodes from Season 1 and 5 episodes from Season 10)

But taking your advice, @fuzzygobo and @Katzi428 are you reading this?

And @cjd874 while we're at it, how about we round up some more familiar friends to watch this long hidden in the vault skit! "HEY, EVERYBODYYY! SUSAN! MR. LOOPER! MARIIII-AAAAA!!!” (For anybody who's wondering, this is a quote I stole from cjd874's 30th original SST Old School Outline as a joke to use here.)
Which episode numbers were uncovered?