When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, so get this: on another forum I was recently invited to, a new theme and layout was implemented, as does happen with forums from time to time. So while the new layout isn't perfect, I mentioned what I didn't like about it in the feedback thread.

Then guess what happened? I actually got in trouble with the staff and got a warning for being rude to the admin . . . for saying I didn't care for the new layout.

Um, touchy much? I mean expressing your opinion regarding a new look or layout was grounds for getting warnings from the staff, the entire populace of YouTube would be nuked long before now. Or even when MC received its major facelift back in 2010, did we all start attacking Phil because of it?

And here's the irony: I was invited to the forum because the community was said to be friendly and respectful towards difference of opinions as opposed to another forum that a number of the people left where apparently difference of opinions weren't tolerated quite well. Heck, in my warning message, I was told, "You're entitled to your opinion." Uh, does "you're entitled to your opinion," somehow translate into, "you're entitled to your opinion so long as it doesn't involve constructive criticism that we're too sensitive to handle"? Because hey, I've moderated and administrated forums before were changes were made to the layout that people weren't particularly happy with, but you know what? I've listened to the complaints and I've taken them into consideration as for what can work better regarding layouts: that's how you improve a site or a forum, by listening to the community, and finding ways you can tweak them so they can work better for the community. But somehow, this is now considered to be personal attacks against an admin just because s/he spent a lot of time on the new layout and I said I didn't care for it?

Wow. I often joke about how overly sensitive some people are today, but man . . . I guess it's really no joke after all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
EDIT: Okay, everything has been squared away and chalked up to a misunderstand that was blown out of proportion, so alls well.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dear God . . . why do Kim Krapdashian and Kanye West have to procreate again?

You know any kid they bring into this world is gonna end up in juvy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay . . . so how and why is the Democrats' fault now that the Duggar son molested girls as a teenager years ago? And how is it also their fault that everything's made in China?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay . . . so how and why is the Democrats' fault now that the Duggar son molested girls as a teenager years ago?
Oh man... Who the heck is saying that? Probably the same kooks in the Dugar's dangerous baby spamming cult. They're so far right they make the Tea Party seem reasonable, and as a "religion" they're essentially the American Christian Taliban, right down to the banning of music and dancing and shoddy treatment of women.

Seriously, I'm still annoyed the show got picked up in the first place and sponsors didn't flee when their kooky, hateful views started coming to light. Yeah, the Duck Dynasty guy was a dink, but he didn't hurt anyone. How come saying gays are awful is worse than forcing people to believe that?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I'm sorry, but I have to rant about this:

http://www.weather.com/science/nature/news/cicadas-invade-great-plains

I do not understand why they keep calling these things 13-year/15-year/17-year/whatever-year cicadas when these blasted things come out every single freakin' year! I know, I can attest to it!

Here, just listen to this:

Hear that? Now, how would you like to have to put up with that every night all summer long? And they can be so loud, you can hear them inside with all the windows and doors closed! They're annoying as heck and they're one of the reasons why I hate summer.

But still, I don't get why they keep talking about they only come around every whatever-number of years, because they come around every year!

mr3urious

Reaction score
I sure am glad the cicadas over here don't make that annoying "wee-oo-wee-oo-wee-oo" sound. It's bad enough that they just buzz. :grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, we have both, but it's the wee-oo-wee-oo-wee-oo ones that are really irritating!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Time to get an industrial-strength bug zapper, plug it in, and watch the sparks fly!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
GAH! I swear, just when you think Google can't possibly get anymore aggrivating than they already are, they manage to top themselves. The way they've been attempting to beef up their overall security is a nightmare, I feel like the Super Mario Bros. Frustration Let's Play Commentator Who Sounds Like Christopher Walken's Middle Eastern Step Brother Guy.

Their new CAPTCHA system is just ridiculous, it's like playing a game of One Of These Things is Not Like the Other, but in an annoying way. I mean, yeah, sure, having to type in the code you see in the image isn't always fun, but having to match the same kind of food items that you see in the image they provide you? Ugh, really? Is that the best they can do?

But what I really hate is how whenever you login to any Google product (YouTube, Gmail, Blogger, what have you), you can't just simply login, you now have to enter your username/handle/address and password separately! Yeah, way to make logging into our accounts even more inconvenient and annoying by prolonging the process of entering our information separately because we might not be who we say we are.