When you need to rant...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Honestly, I feel a twinge of guilt every time I use Google, lol. One of these days I'm switching for good. :fanatic:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YT aside - being the necessary evil that it is - if it wasn't for Yahoo! mucking itself up in recent years, and MSN being a laughable relic of the past like AOL, I'd definitely be using something other than Gmail for email.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I agree with you on the CAPTCHAs. I'm glad TV Tropes did away with them ever since upgrading their site.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wish TV Tropes would put the scroll bar back on the editing box; it's a drag having to select somewhere in the editing box and pushing the down arrow to get to where you need to edit.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The whole issue of the Confederate Flag got me to realize something. There's this inconsistent culture of corporate freedom in certain groups that's hypocritical as heck. Hear me out.

The US government's only recourse towards removing the flag is removing it from its own government buildings. Even then, it's so incredibly bureaucratically tied up in some cases. Meanwhile, several companies have decided to stop selling and marketing flag based merchandising, even with Dukes of Hazard type tie ins. So naturally, the same group of really terrible people (as I completely predicted) are whining that their free speech is being violated.

Come again?

The Constitution says that the government has no right to censor free speech. it says absolutely nada about corporations and small companies. And here's the thing that gets me. The whole argument about how companies should always act on their own and not be heavily regulated by the government... yet the same people who believe that are the same ones that whine about companies that take action and self regulate when they don't agree with it. This isn't a violation of speech, it's a company exercising theirs. If that's not blatant hypocrisy, I don't know what is.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of people don't understand that corporations are within their rights to censor things. Sometimes it sucks, but I do think it's more important that we keep our government in check.

At the same time, it's sad to me that the shooting of 9 people has been reduced to an argument about a piece of cloth (and I mean both sides of the argument). And once again, the issue of our broken mental health care system goes ignored. So not impressed with our country right now on so many levels.

Luke kun

Reaction score
So why the frog did Mega Man and Roll play whack-a-mole in the festival scene from the Mega Man OVA episode "Future Beware"? JAPANESE FESTIVALS DO NOT HAVE WHACK-A-MOLE! If it were goldfish scooping or ring toss, that'd be fine. BUT WHY WHACK-A-MOLE? That froggin' OVA left me with the impression that ALL JAPANESE FESTIVALS HAD WHACK-A-MOLE! And thanks to Akane's wording, I literally thought that festival they were at was Shichigosan! And when Mega Man responds later in the OVA to Roll saying next month's Shichigosan and that she wants to wear a kimono, he says he heard she made a promise with Akane. He doesn't mention the festival nor the parade directly, but HOW DID HE HEAR HER? Dang it, why didn't they show the entire day MM and Roll spent with the kids at the festival so we wouldn't have plot holes? And when Roll tells Dr. Light about the fireworks display and Wily's face appearing, she mentions it was "a minute ago". HOW FROGGIN' FAST DO YUUTA AND AKANE RUN? Were the fireworks even over yet? Why didn't anyone else in the background seem to notice and just smile? Why couldn't have Yuuta and Akane done that? Also, right before they say "Huh?", for a quick second, you can still see them smile. So why couldn't they have done that instead of saying "Oh no!" and running home AS FAST AS SONIC THE HEDGEHOG! And why the frog did Wikipedia call the omikoshi-carrying a PARADE?! It's a progression! How did Yuuta change clothes before flying with MM on Rush? Why didn't they pass the fireworks? Even better, WHY DIDN'T THE KIDS WAIT FOR THE FIREWORKS TO FINISH BEFORE GOING HOME? Why, and I really mean WHY, ARE PEOPLE AT THE BEACH THE DAY AFTER GOING TO A JAPANESE FESTIVAL?! It's illogical. One day: festival, another: beach. Why don't they go back with the time machine and TURN OFF THE NES so it wouldn't have happened in the first place? Since I wanna see more of them playing games at the festival! GAMES!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Although I can't say that I'm the least bit surprised . . . WHY THE H-E-L-L DOES TV LAND HAVE TO PLAY HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER?!! IT'S LITERALLY ALREADY ON THREE DIFFERENT CHANNELS, WHY DOES IT NEED TO BE ON ANOTHER ONE? AND IT'S CERTAINLY NOT A CLASSIC, IT JUST ENDED!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
...at least it isn't an original show.

I'm a little more annoyed Boomerang pretty much should call itself the Tom and Jerry, Garfield Show, and What's New Scooby-Doo network. Yeah, I could rant they run Teen Titans Go when CN pretty much runs it around the clock and that stinks. But really!?!? Out of all the incarnations of Scooby-Doo does it have to be What's New they run the most? I'm glad they have "New Scooby-Doo Movies" mid-morning, but come on! And it's like clearly a third of the series because it's always the same 5 episodes too. That's why I hate when they rerun cartoons on cable channels. Show the whole series for crying out loud!!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
...at least it isn't an original show.
Nah, Jim Gaffigan's their latest groom for that.

Which, I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the guy, he's funny and all, but I had no idea he was a has-been already. Then again, he hasn't had a successful TV career: I remember almost ten years ago, he was a castmember on a TBS sitcom that was essentially NEW GIRL before FOX ripped them off with NEW GIRL.