The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Earlier in the week when my computer was notifying me of the updates that are available, I received a notification from Microsoft telling me that I could reverse a free upgrade to Windows 10 . . . so, what happened to 9? Was there ever a 9? I know 8 the standard default OS for PCs right now (I'm happy to still be using 7 right now), so I'm just curious why it seems like we're skipping over 9 and going right to 10?

Looking at their screenshots though, 10 looks like 8 trying to look and act like 7.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When I got up this morning, only Google and its related websites were working when I tried to browse the internet, nothing else, just Google. For a minute, I was beginning to think that Google really was the evil and satanic entity they seem to be, because nothing I did as far as what was on their support forums seemed to help . . . so, I restarted my modem, and that seemed to do the trick.

But apparently, this is a common problem not related to browser issues, viruses, spyware, or anything like that, it's apparently a connection problem of some kind.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Y'know, I always did wonder what the different between affect and effect was, I could never tell those two apart. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At Olive Garden, they now have these gizmos at the table where you can place your order, pay for your check, call for your server, print your receipt, request drink refills, and even play games. Truly, we are living in the future.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I was watching a walkthrough on YouTube of the Animaniacs game "The Great Edgar Hunt" (the Nintendo Gamecube version), and I discovered that in the missions screen for one of the worlds, there's a mission called, and yes, it's really called this... "Fill Cleo's Bath? My A**!" It doesn't even have the asterisks there in place of well, you know what. It makes me realize more how the show was intended for older folks and not just for kids. Then again, the game was released in 2005, several years after the show ended, so maybe kids of the show's target age demographic (7–10 year olds) wouldn't have been familiar with Animaniacs much years after it ended, thus gaining the attention from teens and older players.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I discovered this completely by accident, but I'm kind of glad I did:

So somebody copied and uploaded an old forgotten video I did a loooong time ago about why I (used to) love apple snapple - the comments people made are amusing, to say the least.

http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=78172

This is the third time somebody's compared me to Phillip Seymour Hoffman, so I guess that makes it official: I must be his doppelganger. Whoever posted this must have been somebody I know from the Chipmunk fandom since they linked my old Chipmunk fansite that I haven't tounched in years in the comments.

Schfifty

Reaction score

Um, wow. That has got to be the worst marching band performance I've ever seen. The instruments are way out of tune, the horn players aren't playing hard enough, the rhythm is very sloppy, the color guards aren't together all the time, and the instruments themselves look old and rusty. The school's music department must not be funded well. I guess the uniforms look alright, and the drum major is decent, but overall, this sounds more like an elementary school band instead of what they should sound like. At least they tried.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Got an email from Facebook with more friend suggestions, and somehow, for some reason, someone out there is using one of my ancient internet handles as a real name and pretending to be Courage the Cowardly Dog.

O.O