Out To Lunch

zns

Reaction score
Somebody posted a thread a while back saying that they had a recording of the special off of their cassette player. I can't seem to find that thread. I haven't even been able to contact that guy, considering that he may not be on the forum anymore. Hope I can find that thread though.

zns

Reaction score

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
The special does exist. I saw clips from it at YBCA last Saturday, along with several other rarities which made up a program called "Jim Henson and Friends: Inside the Sesame Street Vault". (The series of screenings was assembled last year by Craig Shemin and screened at BAM in December '09, so anyone who went there would have seen the same.)

The OTL clips looked awesome - vibrant and colorful. "We're in Charge," "Grover Knover" and "The Nighty-Night Show" (Guy Smiley sounded exactly like I imagined when I read the script) ... they left me drooling for more.

The following comes from my email correspondence a few years ago with T.F. ...

Things may have changed by now. Since Elmo's Christmas Countdown aired on ABC, that makes me a little optimistic about the chances of it being seen again.

So we have proof that the master does exist and has been well-kept. But getting cranky won't solve anything. Being civil and knowing the right people will.
Woah! You're very lucky! Did this special have a laugh track like they did with Julie on Sesame Street?
I never had a chance watching this ultra-rare special.
Looks like fun!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
BUMP, for useful reason. So, a short while ago, some clips of the special were shown at a Joe Raposo tribute at MoMI. The full show audio was captured and posted by the Muppet Cast:

http://muppetcast.com/WordPress/show-254/

The "Out to Lunch" songs come in a little after an hour; it's the opening number "We're in Charge" and Barbara Eden's "Nearly Missed."

Last edited:
Reactions: zns

zns

Reaction score
BUMP, for useful reason. So, a short while ago, some clips of the special were shown at a Joe Raposo tribute at MoMI. The full show audio was captured and posted by the Muppet Cast:

The "Out to Lunch" songs come in a little after an hour; it's the opening number "We're in Charge" and Barbara Eden's "Nearly Missed."
It's just as nutty as I imagined it would be. I was just thinking, with all the recent Sesame Street episodes popping up hopefully this rarity will show up for all of us one of these days. Fingers crossed. :fanatic:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Have there ever been any updates on this? I'd still love to see this special one day.... I tend to feel like if "A Special Sesame Street Christmas" can get a DVD release, hopefully "Out to Lunch" can as well.:smile::wisdom:

zns

Reaction score
Have there ever been any updates on this? I'd still love to see this special one day.... I tend to feel like if "A Special Sesame Street Christmas" can get a DVD release, hopefully "Out to Lunch" can as well.:smile::wisdom:
If anyone out there has it i hope they upload the full special on YouTube.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I heard a rumor this was on YouTube during its early days, or at least bits and pieces of it.

Reactions: zns

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, odd this hasn't seen an official release. It has zero controversy surrounding it (unlike other SS lost media pieces), so where is it? It seems like it would've been ideal for a DVD release like ten years ago.

@zns, I enjoy reading this thread and seeing your dedication to finding the special! :wisdom:

TF said:
She also said that if it was a one time promotional special it would most likely be impossible for ABC to release it.
Why?

I love Joe Raposo's music; so beautifully melancholic.

Last edited: