2015 Movies!

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Sorry, I usually quick scan the first page and start one if I don't see anything new.

Plus this thread is specifically for summer 2015 movies

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone see the advertisement for State Farm with the Inside Out characters? it's cute and all, but...

It pretty much gives away the ending of the movie. Even has similar dialogue. Benefit of the doubt and all, it could have been back in Minnesota, but it seems they basically blew the ending here. I hate when they do that. Remember when Shrek 3 came out and the big reveal was that he had kids? Yeah. And if you don't frequent stores that sold toys or McDonalds, it would have been.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Since Subway currently has dibs on Inside Out promo tie-ins, I'm guessing that McDonald's is probably going to be the ones to include Minions toys in Happy Meals...

JJandJanice

Reaction score
McDonalds hasn't had Disney toys in quite some time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Since Subway currently has dibs on Inside Out promo tie-ins, I'm guessing that McDonald's is probably going to be the ones to include Minions toys in Happy Meals...
Just checked and there sure are. Like 12 of them. And they all talk. They'll be out just after the Nerf promotion. I'm very happy about this for one reason.

I want to see how the commercials deal with the fact that Mr. Happy Meal (or whatever he's called, the current mascot that originated in Europe) is a complete freaking ripoff of the Minions. So far the tie ins include Cinnamon Toast Crunch (which has cannibalistic minion knockoffs as their mascots who are suspiciously absent in the commercial) and General Mill's Fruit Snacks (also minion ripoffs to an extent, and they make a HUGE mia culpa by having the Fruitsnackia guys imitate the Minions).

On the subject of Jurassic World, bored yesterday I checked out the cutscenes from the new Lego video game. Somehow, they used actual recorded dialogue from the film and precede to Lego the crap out of it. Essentially they made it more kid friendly and G rated, but in such a way that it was a delight. Interestingly...

They subverted every character death in the film, and in whimsical ways. Except for the Indian Billionaire. He survives the copter crash, but nothing funny happened. The Military guy gets mutated (or built) into a fish thing, and everyone eaten by the giant aquatic beast, including Indominous Rex is alive in the creature's belly, Pinocchio style, playing cards. Absolutely adorable.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well I FINALLY saw Jurassic World and I do have to say, while I did very much enjoy the film, I do feel it's a tad overrated by some. I must say, there were times where I honestly didn't think the Dinosaurs looked too real, like maybe too much CGI. Though the ending was an awesome thrill.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say I'm pleased that there's one film sequel made 20+ years after the first one that actually was successful and movie goers actually liked. That's one of the rarest things out there. I feel they did it right, using the original as a base and having a logical time jump and commenting on it as well.

They managed to make a film that wasn't a continuity reboot (though, frankly a JP movie closer to the book would be amazing), and something that didn't just make a couple nods to the original while ignoring it completely. But I was really impressed by the fact they didn't tip toe around the fact the last park was a disaster with a "this park is different" with that nice little aside that souvenirs from the last park go for high prices on ebay for irony purposes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that I think of it and reading about it on TVTropes, there was that sequence that was supposed to be in JW where Owen suggests they smear dinopoops all over themselves to cover their scent that was in the trailers, but not in the actual movie.

Good call on deleting it. YECCCCCCHHHHHH! Especially seeing that the Griswalds are going to be swimming in humanpoops in the Vacation movie. We don't need 2 movies this year featuring people bathing themselves in excrement. Apologies if you're eating while reading this, but I'm sure the popcorn sales will suffer.

Anyway, glad to see that Shaun the Sheep's movie is getting a US release and isn't confined to the UK. Sure, it's a dump month with Minions and Inside Out (probably Ant-Man?) still in theaters, but it's better than nothing. Better the heck be in 3-D, though. Nothing is better than seeing a stop motion film ion 3-D.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I hope Mission: Impossible trounces Vacation. There's a difference between using an old-school video game to make an analogy to turds and actually getting covered in them. We don't actually get to experience the former. :grouchy: