Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, this is just great, YT's back to somehow keeping the vids you watch from being archived in browser history again. I hate when that happens - sometimes, there's really no reason for me to actually login to my accounts, so I just watch vids as a guest, and if I want to see a specific one again, I just pull up my history and click on it (the way their search results are, sometimes you'd be hard-pressed to find it again), but for some reason, YT somehow keeps vids from being archived in browser history from time to time, and this is apparently another one of those times.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm using Firefox version 38.0.1 (the latest version) and YT works just fine on my computer. The only problem I've been having recently is that whenever I load certain pages, things freeze up for a few minutes, but it seems to have stopped after changing up my browser and Flash player settings.
I checked this out a week ago, and changed the player to HTML5 and the videos are working perfectly. It must've been some problem with Crapdobe Flash, big surprise.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I checked this out a week ago, and changed the player to HTML5 and the videos are working perfectly. It must've been some problem with Crapdobe Flash, big surprise.
The HTML5 freezing began happening again even after updating to 38.0.5, and it seems to only happen whenever I have to sign on to the U of A Library's Wi-Fi, unlike at home where I don't. Firefox also runs just fine after rebooting my computer.

Also, I have a Weather Channel forecast add-on that I'm also forced to sign in to show me the weather, and I think that's the culprit since the freezing starts up when I do, though not as severe as loading up an actual HTML5 video. So this whole thing is really weird. :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Also, I have a Weather Channel forecast add-on that I'm also forced to sign in to show me the weather
Kinda like how Papa John's website forces you to sign in to look at the menu because they'd rather you order online as opposed to on the phone.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Kinda like how Papa John's website forces you to sign in to look at the menu because they'd rather you order online as opposed to on the phone.
I mean, there's a drop-down menu when I click on an icon, and the University's policy page appears over it, where I then have to click "accept" to see the forecasts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know I've mentioned this a couple of times before, but it really astounds me how Dailymotion has just been deleting videos for various different violations left and right almost like YT does; they must be going through mass-deletions, because it seems like 90% of the vids I've watched or found on DM have vanished completely. I also like how smug they are about it like YT by saying "This video has been removed by the user," thus taking the blame/responsiblity off themselves instead of saying, "This video has been removed due to a violation of our TOS, including copyright notices, among other reasons."

Drtooth

Reaction score
My problems of late indeed had to do with my old computer. Though I still find it strange that YT videos worked on Google Chrome just fine when they paused and froze on Firefox.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is Taylor Swift's channel always on the homepage? Aside from preteen girls who have no real concept of what good music is, who even likes her anyway?

Schfifty

Reaction score
You know what I've had to deal with lately? I've had to deal with an idiot who's been pestering me the last few days on my videos.

I'm not going to mention their name, but I know who this person is. He's a notable troll who spends time commenting on blogs and YouTube videos using heavy profanity and racial slurs. I've never personally had to deal with this guy before, but he's apparently decided to hang around my recent videos and rudely ask me to upload good episodes of The Price is Right, otherwise he'll keep trolling me.

...and I'm not going to. I don't want to deal with this guy anymore. I just want him out of my zone.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Well, thanks to someone asking me to privately upload something for them, I have gotten my FIRST EVER copyright strike. My FIRST one ever in the seven years I've had my account. I got it literally five or so minutes after I finished processing the upload (and even made the video Unlisted). Thanks a lot, whoever you are. :mad:

Now I'm being forced to go to Copyright School. Anybody have any experiences or information they'd like to give me?