Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Count to Nine by the count is one of my favorite songs, other than "Do the Batty Bat"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if a Count clip was selected due to the recent release of "Count on Elmo", though that one didn't exactly spotlight the character (there's a clip montage of Count moments - and Count Up to Nine is not included among the clips - and the Number of the Day Song plays during the credits, but the other inserts are general counting segments).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if a Count clip was selected due to the recent release of "Count on Elmo", though that one didn't exactly spotlight the character (there's a clip montage of Count moments - and Count Up to Nine is not included among the clips - and the Number of the Day Song plays during the credits, but the other inserts are general counting segments).
The whole week was about Numbers (on their site and YT), probably to align with the DVD.

cjd874

Reaction score
A hilarious street story from season 8 that would later be recycled a decade later. If this doesn't show the great chemistry between Caroll Spinney and Jerry Nelson, nothing does. Anyone else think that Ernest sounds like a sleazier version of Floyd Pepper? :grouchy::sing:

Man, they wouldn't show this on TV today. Especially not with the exchange between Oscar and Ernest at the end.

hooperfan

Reaction score
A hilarious street story from season 8 that would later be recycled a decade later. If this doesn't show the great chemistry between Caroll Spinney and Jerry Nelson, nothing does. Anyone else think that Ernest sounds like a sleazier version of Floyd Pepper? :grouchy::sing:

Man, they wouldn't show this on TV today. Especially not with the exchange between Oscar and Ernest at the end.
It makes me wonder how many other stories were recycled later on, since this was done pretty much exactly the same later on, only with Gordon being used instead of Maria and Luis, and Gina instead of Mr. Hooper

cjd874

Reaction score
It makes me wonder how many other stories were recycled later on, since this was done pretty much exactly the same later on, only with Gordon being used instead of Maria and Luis, and Gina instead of Mr. Hooper
I can't think of any other episodes that recycled a plot, but the 1991 remake even had the same sponsors as the original. And I'm assuming that Jerry Nelson reprised his role as Ernest. This is easily one of my favorite videos from your channel...thanks so much for uploading it!