Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The whole wave on Diamond Selects website is $120
The box they advertise probably contains three sets of the figures.
So let's see. That's 4 buddy packs at an estimated SRP of about $9.99 each = $39.96. Seeing that $119.88 is the total, that makes exactly 12 total packs. Makes perfect sense. :wink:

So basically, each series will cost under $40. Don't worry. :cool:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The box they advertise probably contains three sets of the figures.
So let's see. That's 4 buddy packs at an estimated SRP of about $9.99 each = $39.96. Seeing that $119.88 is the total, that makes exactly 12 total packs. Makes perfect sense. :wink:

So basically, each series will cost under $40. Don't worry. :cool:

To quote Miss Shapen from the Neitherworld Kindergarten... "That's so perfectly illogical, its... Logical!"
Good math there Jamie. :batty:

rowlfy662

Reaction score
Just thought i'd say Diamond Select Toys is doing a panel today from 3.00pm to 4.00pm PDT. They will be talking about their products including Ghostbusters, The Walking Dead, etc but most importantly Muppets. The best sites i'd say to check would be TheFwoosh or Toyark whos coverage of the con has been great so hopefully they'd have someone at the panel for live updates and hopefully pictures of the figures in the Diamond Select booth after the panel here's hoping.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
So, Diamond Select is making Muppet glasses as well, it appears.

And, unfortunately, it looks like we will not see any previews of the figures which are slated for 2016 release :frown:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
It seems the only thing they announced about the regular figures is that they'd be approximately 7" scale. If the median-sized Muppet between small and large (Sweetums and monsters exempt) is Scooter and Palisades' Scooter is just under 6", that means the characters are likely to be about one inch larger than Palisades Toys. At least, that's my theory. I know nothing about the actual size.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems the only thing they announced about the regular figures is that they'd be approximately 7" scale. If the median-sized Muppet between small and large (Sweetums and monsters exempt) is Scooter and Palisades' Scooter is just under 6", that means the characters are likely to be about one inch larger than Palisades Toys. At least, that's my theory. I know nothing about the actual size.
It had already been announced awhile ago that they would be in scale with 7" figures from Diamond. Meaning that most would be smaller than 7", but any celebrity figures released by Diamond could be used as guest stars for the Muppets and be in scale.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I have to say, I'm definitely picking up that Electric Mayhem glass.

Still I was hoping there would be more information on the actual action figures. The mini mates are nice, but I, for one, am far more interested in figures. I honestly thought we would never see Muppet action figures after Palisades. I thought we were lucky for the Disney PVC figures.

muppetperson

Reaction score

And, unfortunately, it looks like we will not see any previews of the figures which are slated for 2016 release :frown:
The glasses are OK I guess, but they would be more exciting to use the logos more related. For example, make the Pigs in Space logo as a patch, like it was on the outfit, put the Muppet Show logo on a mini backing board so it is like Set scenery, maybe put Muppet Labs on a test tube and Dr Teeth on a mini drum set !

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I have to say, I'm definitely picking up that Electric Mayhem glass.

Still I was hoping there would be more information on the actual action figures. The mini mates are nice, but I, for one, am far more interested in figures. I honestly thought we would never see Muppet action figures after Palisades. I thought we were lucky for the Disney PVC figures.
Maybe that's the indicator that we'll see the regular figures after Christmas? I hope they come sooner. There are other conventions this year. Let's hope. :news:

The glasses are OK I guess, but they would be more exciting to use the logos more related. For example, make the Pigs in Space logo as a patch, like it was on the outfit, put the Muppet Show logo on a mini backing board so it is like Set scenery, maybe put Muppet Labs on a test tube and Dr Teeth on a mini drum set !
I really can't imagine test tubes, mini drum sets or very large signs being big sellers like beer glasses would be. The patches, however, that's something they should have done a long time ago. I'm right with you on that. :confused::eek:

Licensing doesn't necessarily work the say you've described. Diamond Select would first have to be in the business of selling such items. I doubt they've made test tubes or mini drum sets before. :halo:

On another note, I think a neon mayhem sigh would be awesome. I doubt there would be enough retail interest to justify it, but that doesn't take away from the awesomeness! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's awesome. I can't wait to get a set of those. Why I can fel them in my hand right now, about to carry it over to the counter to fill it up with a nice drink and...

...oops...

{CRASH!!! Tinkle tinkle}

Aw, heck. That's why I buy those cheap plastic tumblers at Target instead. &^%^$ :sigh: