The Gravity Falls Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's not the only Gravity Falls preview to pop up.

Here's a semi-spoilery look from Comic Con

mr3urious

Reaction score
Wow! We get a huge amount of mostly heartbreaking backstory from Stan and his twin brother. Loved J.K. Simmons' performance as Grunkle Ford, too. :smile:

Also makes me wonder how the Stanco version of Hair-in-a-Can would affect the health of its buyers? Maybe their hair will fall out and tentacles will grow in their place. :eek:

Last edited:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Once again, another great episode with more answers and even more questions! Loved J.K. as Ford Pines! Though interesting casting since he sounds so different from Alex. I kept expecting Tenzin to pop up!

Also, loved the ending with Soos calling Wendy! Pretty much a visual representation of GF fans explaining the show to non fans.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
That episode where we meet Ford Pines was so interesting. I have no idea why.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, that certainly confirmed my theory. Stan took the name of his brother, so he was still their Grunkle all along, and the fake I.D.'s were to cover his tracks from creditors and legal action. I knew Stan couldn't have been a weird stranger.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Well, that certainly confirmed my theory. Stan took the name of his brother, so he was still their Grunkle all along, and the fake I.D.'s were to cover his tracks from creditors and legal action. I knew Stan couldn't have been a weird stranger.
I love how the fandom predicted that Stan's twin was also called Stan from the very start! But we all thought the Stan-Author was Stanley and not the other way around! Very clever how they explained and handled that on both this episode and the last.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Loved how they made fun of pen-and-paper RPGs in last night's episode, and that Weird Al fittingly voiced the Probabilitor. I also enjoyed how Grunkle Ford was just as big a geek as Dipper, and it was nice to see the two bond over something as geeky like that.

Also, I also loved the subplot with Stan and Mabel bonding over a show about a detective duck. We've never seen those two interact very much, so it was real sweet to witness it. :smile:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
That duck detective thing was HILARIOUS!!!!!! I thought it was a great episode.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It was great to see Bud Gleeful play a major role in last night's episode, and Stephen Root doing a fantastic job voicing him. And it was great to see Gideon finally make his way back into the picture
and try to resurrect Bill Cipher again.

Overall, this was a hilarious satire of American politics, particularly the pandering to patriotism. I especially laughed hard about how Stan wanted to teach kids to swear to "bring 'em into the real world". :smile:

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Loved the subversive line about "Regan's Masters."

Nice to see them doing something with Stan's rivalry with Ford, and showing him in more serious moments about how he knows he'll never measure up. Also great to see Gideon calling Dipper out for doing the exact same thing Gideon later did in a nice passive aggressive way. Nice way to take a stab at protagonist centered morality. Love how the new Mayor is the "Giiiit'im" guy. Bet that sets up some great jokes in the future.

And of course, the fact that the Eagle did kiss the elected winner. I bet the joke was that everyone was expecting the bird to peck Stan's eyes out or something, and that was the interpretation.