2015 Movies!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Vacation looks like it could go either way, honestly. Considering how the National Lampoon label degraded to awful DTV's in recent years, a sequence of bathing in waste is sadly one of the least distasteful things they've done recently.

That said, I don't exactly have a burning desire to see it. Between this and Pixels, I'd gravitate a little towards this one, but the heck with both of them for stop motion animation on the big screen. Glad to see Shaun's movie considering Nick park didn't want to do another full length Wallace and Grommit again. Spinoff's the next best thing, I suppose.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Last night went on a bit of a movie binge myself and saw three movies in the same night. Two, I already saw that being Minions and Inside Out. But I also saw Spy and I have to say, I enjoyed it. Though I was a bit surprised it was getting REALLY good reviews, currently holds like 95% on Rotten Tomatoes. But it was a pretty enjoyable comedy twist on James Bond films. I honestly really did like this movie.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
So far, this year I've seen Jurassic World and Avengers: Age of Ultron. Jurassic was one of the best I've seen in a while, and Avengers was pretty good.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can say for certainty that Ant-Man was a nice surprise. This is why Disney Marvel does it right. They make sure that every movie has a different feel to it, so it's not just "super hero punches bad guy out for 90 minutes after 30 minutes of origin." What made Ant-Man special was that it was actually a sci-fi heist film. I didn't expect that at all.

Also of note:

Whoever did the trailers should be fired. They spoiled the big fight at the end with the Thomas train, and one trailer even showed a character saying "one of the Avengers is looking for you." But about that fight, what made this movie pop was the obvious wink and nod at how ridiculous the concept of Ant-Man is and how trying to make it dark and gritty for a film is futile (a lesson that the Fantastic Four guys should have learned, but it was too late). Not that there weren't serious moments, but the film was overall a sly comedy with action movie tones. It wasn't exactly "Better than a Bare Bulb," but there were some nice nods and winks to keep the movie from being taken too seriously. Plus, there was a nice commentary on how incredibly difficult ex-convicts have a rough go trying to get a second chance and it's just easier for them to go back to a life of crime.

But the most spoilery of spoilers... at the end of the movie, there's some offhand comments about superheroes that can "jump, swing, and climb up walls." I don't even have to point out what that means, but I wonder if that was added in as a retake last minute or the Sony/Marvel Spider-Share deal was in the works longer than the announcement. Also, you kinda have had to have seen Age of Ultron because of Hank Pym's offhand comment about how much he hates the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. "they're too busy dropping cities." Goes to prove how interconnected these things are.

Over all, not quite Guardians of the Galaxy, but further proof Disney Marvel knows what it's doing. This could have just been a flat Iron Man knockoff to force a character's introduction/ fill out some contractual obligation that was keeping them from putting The Wasp in the Avengers films. But it was much more than that. And Michael Pena (can't do that ~ over the N) stole the show. That was unexpected.

Lman

Reaction score
my favorite of this year would be inside out! i like joy,:stick_out_tongue: sadness,:frown: anger,:mad: fear,:embarrassed:, and disgust!:smirk: I just noticed that i wrote a whole post about inside out on a MUPPET fan site. Well Frank Oz and Dave Goelz were in it, so i guess it counts!