When you need to rant...

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
Because banishing any language from anyone's personal vocabulary is quite hard, even for those who know it's wrong. Still occasionally say the "R" slur in a fit of rage when I know I'm not supposed to. No matter how hard I try, it's there again. Then of course, that's like Boston's favorite insult. The Ted Movies are extremely accurate in how 20-40 year old Bostonians talk.
I can see that. As long as people are trying, I suppose :smile:

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
I think what bugs me is when people use things like that when they are totally oblivious to how that could be offensive. Worse is when you explain to them why it's rude and they don't care

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Of course, it turns out the case DSnowth was talking about was probably terrorism related (didn't hear much else about it).
Well, the gunman was Muslim, so that automatically makes him a terrorist, right? There's conflicting reports about it, even from our own local news sources, like nobody seems to know if he was involved with Al-Quaeda or ISIS or what, but again, because he was Muslim, that automatically means he was a terrorist.

Drtooth

Reaction score
By no means am I a Bill O' Reilly-esque "All Muslins are terrorists" guy. However, coming from the state that actually had the only semi-successful Terrorist attack in the country since...well... there is some perspective I have at least concerning the two lone wolves involved in that case. Now the "brains" of the outfit was the old brother, a violent, angry indivuldual to begin with. He was a boxer who got pi#@y because he wasn't an American born citizen and couldn't compete in some competition because of that stupid reason somehow. Instead of taking it like any other violent, mentally unstable defect (i.e. coming back and wasting everyone in the boxing association), he radicalized himself by going on certain websites, essentially using his anger to guide him into a spiral. His younger brother, who I'd call the Pinky to his Brain, but that would imply the older brother was both smart and clearer of mind... so I'd say the brother's more the Stimpy to the older brother's Ren... well, his younger brother was essnetially the idiot sidekick that actually believed in his whole "I'm doing this for religious purposes, not because I'm still p&^^^ed off they wouldn't let me Box" bull, and they carried out their absolutely stupid revenge on the wrong people because Suddenly Religious, and pretty much had the entire state on lockdown until the pathetic little brother was found hiding in some guy's boat.

So essentially, it wasn't a case of they're terrorists because they're Muslim, more like they're Muslim so they use that as an excuse to become terrorists, when in actuality they're just a bunch of privileged buttpipes who are angry because they didn't get what they want, and or they're bored. That's essentially how ISIS recruits. They go after upper middle class emo freaks who are bored with their X-Boxes/mad at their parents for some pithy reason. Just give them the wrong website and bingo. And some just convert to Islam exclusively as an excuse. Kinda like the Dentist from Seinfeld that converted to Judaism for the jokes... only violent and stupider a reason. At the risk of making assumptions, I'd say the shooter was an angry individual that claimed Islamic Terrorist so he sounds like some sort of martyr instead of "crazy angry individual."

But I don't know all the details because my local news just keeps reporting "Overnight shooting in Roxbury," or "Overnight shooting in Dorchester." The news here is turning into the newspaper from Bullwinkle. You might as well just print the same newspaper over and over and everyone will believe it. It's incredibly tragic there. And to make matters worse, even the most hopeful of change residents gave the heck up long ago. It's like they just sit around and wait for it to happen now. That's how soul sucking this is. Forget the school shootings, forget the terrorist attacks in name only. If we can't do something better about gang violence and keeping illegal guns off the streets, what hope is there for for stopping rich, sheltered emo kids from legally obtaining weaponry, shooting something up to make him feel better for something, and letting the cycle repeat?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
This rant is going to be about Cartoon Network's Merchandises.When Cartoon Network started making their own shows, PPG merchandise was everywhere, Dexter had a few toys and Fast food premiums, but show like Sheep, Cow & Chicken & Johnny Bravo just were Fast food premiums at Carl's JR (Or Hardees for those of you in other states) Or Subway, at least I can eat those places. When EEnE came, the merchandise was almost falling into only fast food premiums trap, they had stuff like DVDS, toys, hats, key-chains, and other stuff like that. KND stuff was impossible to find. Fosters stuff was like EEnE. The Mattel line was crap, I only found at KB's & Target and never Eddy on toilet, Bloo flinger, Billy plush, & Lalzo ball. I am glad CN is putting more effort in merchandise.

Edit: But I bought a Mac & Eddy from the Mattel line.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really don't get CN's merchandising presence. Not back then, and certainly not now. I get that PPG was their big money maker, and Dexter had a very small run of things. Other than fast food premiums, the other shows really didn't have a mark presence. Still the case, mind you. Sure, there's AT and RS stuff, but considering the popularity of Gumball, you'd think there'd be more. The only toy I've seen in the states was a backpack keychain zipper plush. There's nothing for Clarence, Steven Universe, or Uncle Grandpa. To say that there's TTG stuff should go without saying, but even a show that's run, like every hour that isn't adult swim, it would be easier to find. I think I saw someone with a Garnet shirt, but it was a woman's shirt and never asked where that woman got it.

Which stinks because I wants me a Pizza Steve.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I brought up that same rant before. Many times.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The thing that really gets me is when it's announced BanDai's on board with something. They planned on this big Foster's Home toyline, and there was a lot of potential for that one. They're where M.U.S.C.L.E.S. came from, and they certainly could have had a collectible 1.5" figure line of as many background friends they could possibly do. It was something they sort of did with the original Teen Titans series (volumes of 5 figure sets), that could have played out nicely. A Bloo and Eduardo paired up with 3 or so other members. But yeah... we wound up with nothing as the deal fell through.

Then, years later the Gumball license was announced... same guys, same crap.

Still, you'd think Funko would step up and make some CN Pop Vynals. Either of classic shows or new ones or both.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The thing that really gets me is when it's announced BanDai's on board with something. They planned on this big Foster's Home toyline, and there was a lot of potential for that one. They're where M.U.S.C.L.E.S. came from, and they certainly could have had a collectible 1.5" figure line of as many background friends they could possibly do. It was something they sort of did with the original Teen Titans series (volumes of 5 figure sets), that could have played out nicely. A Bloo and Eduardo paired up with 3 or so other members. But yeah... we wound up with nothing as the deal fell through.

Then, years later the Gumball license was announced... same guys, same crap.

Still, you'd think Funko would step up and make some CN Pop Vinyls. Either of classic shows or new ones or both.
Yeah I know Bandai mess up Foster's & Gumball, I think it's smart to make pops of classics & moderns (expect AT & RS those guys were made into pops already).