Video: The Muppets at San Diego Comic Con 2015

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Who said it was a lie? This is not the first time I've recently heard about this and they already closed down the one in Disneyland . Disney in the past few years has been revamping their classic attractions to tailor it to the newer popular stuff. Pirates of the Caribbean has new animatronics to look like the movie characters. I heard they are redoing the haunted mansion to make it all nightmare before Christmas. This is not implausible
Actually, it IS implausible. The truth is that the area surrounding Muppet Vision in Florida will be transformed into the Muppet Studios as part of the big overhaul of Disney's Hollywood Studios, in addition to the likely Star Wars and Pixar additions.

Also, a lot of the things you've just said are slightly inaccurate.

First off, they are not redoing Haunted Mansion into Nightmare Before Christmas permanently. They only change it to Nightmare theming temporarily for the Halloween and Christmas seasons at Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland.

And just because DL's Muppet Vision closed does not mean WDW's will follow the same fate. This would not be the first time something like this has happened. For example: the PeopleMover, Carousel of Progress and Country Bear Jamboree still exist at WDW, even though DL got rid of them. And DL still has Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Snow White's Scary Adventures and the Submarine Voyage, even though they no longer exist at WDW.

Last edited by a moderator:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Actually, it IS implausible. The truth is that the area surrounding Muppet Vision in Florida will be transformed into the Muppet Studios as part of the big overhaul of Disney's Hollywood Studios, in addition to the likely Star Wars and Pixar additions.

Also, a lot of the things you've just said are slightly inaccurate.

First off, they are not redoing Haunted Mansion into Nightmare Before Christmas permanently. They only change it to Nightmare theming temporarily for the Halloween and Christmas seasons at Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland.

And just because DL's Muppet Vision closed does not mean WDW's will follow the same fate. This would not be the first time something like this has happened. For example: the PeopleMover, Carousel of Progress and Country Bear Jamboree still exist at WDW, even though DL got rid of them. And DL still has Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Snow White's Scary Adventures and the Submarine Voyage, even though they no longer exist at WDW.
First of all I didn't realize you were the resident "expert" on Disney attractions. Second, if Disney is trying to push a new Muppet series why would they close the only Muppet Disney attraction in their park? Why have they not released the rest of the Muppet Show on DVD when they have already released two full length features in that time frame? I'm sorry if I don't have a lot of faith that Disney is going to close 3D in Florida next, but you don't have to tell me to stop talking about it either. I'm not the only one on Muppet fan sites addressing this topic these days. And I'm not spreading the rumor further I just believe that they will.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, can we please attempt to calm down here? :sigh:

There are potential that WDW "might" (and I stress that the word I'm using is "might") close down Muppet*Vision 3D, or then again, they might only shut it down in order to install an upgraded version of the film or a completely new Muppet stageshow completely. At this point, we're not exactly sure what's going on, but trusted sources like toughpigs and The Muppet Mindset will report on all the happenings. So for now I advise we treat this as a rumor and keep our respective biastes out of the communication.

On a sidenote, if WDW's Haunted Mansion adopted the NBC Christmas holiday overlay I'd be planning a flight there ASAP. That, or add a new NBC immersive interactive area akin to Universal Studios' Harry Potter areas, ToonTown just didn't cut it for me.

:news: We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Guys, can we please attempt to calm down here? :sigh:

There are potential that WDW "might" (and I stress that the word I'm using is "might") close down Muppet*Vision 3D, or then again, they might only shut it down in order to install an upgraded version of the film or a completely new Muppet stageshow completely. At this point, we're not exactly sure what's going on, but trusted sources like toughpigs and The Muppet Mindset will report on all the happenings. So for now I advise we treat this as a rumor and keep our respective biastes out of the communication.

On a sidenote, if WDW's Haunted Mansion adopted the NBC Christmas holiday overlay I'd be planning a flight there ASAP. That, or add a new NBC immersive interactive area akin to Universal Studios' Harry Potter areas, ToonTown just didn't cut it for me.

:news: We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.
I'm calm, didn't say this was fact just saying that it's not impossible and someone is telling me otherwise. I agree, unless we hear from people in the know that it is a rumor just not so far fetched.
On that note, more than willing to change the subject.

ploobis

Reaction score
It's now kinda funny watching the part in the beginning where they said that the pitch presentation could not be legally shown or broadcast, because now we can all watch the pitch on ABC's Youtube channel!

Because of Comic Con's reaction, we all get to see the pitch now! :smile: