The New New Quote Thread

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I just wanna remember these quotes from an interview with Andrew Spooner.
JD Hansel: It seems like the Muppet fan world doesn't really know all that much about Ryan Dillon, because he sorta showed up on the scene pretty recently. When he toke on the role of Elmo from Kevin, I never heard of him before. But I was immediately wowed by his performance. I just don't know much about him, what's he like to work with?
Andrew: He's absolutely brilliant. He's funny, he's the best puppeteer you could ever possibly imagine. I didn't know anything about him when he came over to England, because obviously I associated Elmo with Kevin, and I've met Kevin in the past. And I hadn't really kept track of what had happened and who had taken over the character. So when he walked in and started preforming, it's just astonishing. It's absolutely spot-on. But I think also he's very much making Elmo his now as well. It's not just a carbon copy of what Kevin did, it's very much Ryan's Elmo. He's just amazing.
JD: I've noticed that he has been adapting the character to himself, making it more of his own Elmo, but still all of the little touches and idiosyncrasies, all the right things that need to be there, for it to be Elmo, are all still there, and it's very impressive and has been that way from the beginning.
Andrew: You could say the same with Steve Whitmire's Kermit. It's Kermit, and there's no denying that, but he's kinda eased into the character over the years, and I think it's more Steve now. When it started, he was obviously trying to absolutely nail everything that Jim brought to that character. But he's been able to relax it now over the years, and bring more of himself to it.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sticks: They all laughed when I said our appliances would turn against us, but who's laughing now?
Sonic: You?
Sticks: Why would I be laughing? This isn't funny! You have a sick sense of humor.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I think this is funny: Steve Swanson reads the bad guys in the 2015 MMT quickly because, FrogFan76 doesn't have time:
Egyptian Ernie Statue, Taminella Grinderfall, Bugsy Them, The Mean Genie, Wander McMooch, Charlie the Ogre, The Fireys, Mean Mama, The Skeksis, Constantine, Miss Poogy, Miss Finch, Dearth Nadir, Lefty the Salesman, and the Giant Man-Eating Chicken.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
OTIS: I can't eat that food at the diner, it's too spicy!
BARNEY: If you can drink anything, you can eat anything!
OTIS: I don't eat spicy food, it's bad for my liver!
BARNEY: Oh, your liver's a pickle anyway, Otis!
OTIS: Is that so?
BARNEY: That's right, and I'll say it again, you've got a pickled liver!
OTIS: That's better than havin' a pickled puss!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
LEROY and T.R.: We're the Travelin' Musicians / We're the three alone / We're the Travelin' Musicians
ROVER JOE: Just a-playin' on my shiny, slidey kind of thing, that has a funny name, sort of like . . . ham bone?
T.R.: Boy's got a way with the lyrics.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Mac: I don't like you! (Beat) Don't you get it? Nobody likes you! You're annoying and weird and you talk too much and Bloo's name is not Chester, Mr. Herriman is not a badger, that's not how you play checkers, and protein doesn't come from bananas, it comes from nuts, which you don't need to eat more of because you are nuts! You're chock full of nuts! You're so nuts, you drive ME nuts! (Jumps in Goo's face) Get it? Get it? Get it? Get it? Get it? Get it? Get it?! Everybody thinks you're a nuisance and they all want you to just GO HOME!!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
EB: Here you are, Mr. Douglas, two buckets of H2O. That means these buckets are filled with H and O, whatever they are.
OLIVER: Hydrogen and oxygen.
EB: Hydrogen and oxygen? Wasn't it nice of them to get together to make all this water for us?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAUREGARD: It takes a while to get to know the town!
FOZZIE: Well, how long have you lived in London?
BEAUREGARD: All my life.
KERMIT: Then how come you don't have an English accent?
BEAUREGARD: Hey, I'm lucky enough to have a driver's license!