Is Frozen overrated?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sure beats the obnoxious medley of terrible Bro-Country Bostonians got. Yep. Big freaking blue State Boston area no longer having to pander to the national television broadcasts still uses friggin Bro-Country.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Doug Walker made a video of his top 10 Disney movies and placed Frozen at #6. He talks a bit about "Let It Go" and says he still finds it better than "Hakuna Matata".

Drtooth

Reaction score
Doug Walker made a video of his top 10 Disney movies and placed Frozen at #6. He talks a bit about "Let It Go" and says he still finds it better than "Hakuna Matata".
At the risk of saying "that's Blasphemy...."

...that's uh... blasphemy... I guess.

Then again, Timon and Pumbaa are 2 of my top favorite Disney movie characters, so that's a bias.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Nostalgia Critic re-opens that can of worms with a video comparing Tangled and Frozen.

https://www.vessel.com/videos/MRxTQa885

I will have to disagree with him a bit on Olaf. He may be a goofy talking sidekick, but what makes him stand out from other sidekicks in past Disney movies is that rather than being a loud, manic, and wisecracking, he approaches everything with a sense of childlike wonder and naiveté. He can be endearing in a different sort of way.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to admit, I'm saying as a merchandising franchise Frozen is overrated. it really is a shame that Big Hero Six didn't get half the love Frozen got, even though BH6 made a sizable amount of Box Office. Sure, it has a fanbase, but no Pez dispensers or merchandising security at the Disney Store it deserves.

Then again, I get really mixed walking into a Disney Store and seeing Spidey and the Avengers right next to Star Wars at the entrance. They already have two strong boy specific franchises. Too bad BH6 isn't one of them. I know that the film was distanced from Marvel because they changed the heck out of everything, but I really think the altered characters can be adopted by the Marvel universe. They desperately need a ongoing comic book series at the very least.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Welp, FROZEN's back to being hyped up again, but this time it's because there's apparently a Twitter campaign petition to turn Elsa into a lesbian.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think certain types want more than what society is willing at the time. I'm absolutely happy that shows like Steven Universe and Clarence managed to force through some progress. Though in SU's case, the gems are technically genderless and just take on female human characteristics. The gay community deserves representation that isn't 90's style minstrel show Sean Hayes in Will and Grace cartoons. On the other hand, this would put Disney in an odd situation. If they were to change the character into a lesbian, they'd incur the wrath of the obvious loud and angry groups that like to pretend to be victims (because only they can force their viewpoints on others) and have the first and second movies banned in Russia for being propaganda. You know, the country with the leader who's a creepy guy who likes to pose shirtless and has a very disturbing obsession with kids? And if Disney doesn't, said pro-lesbian Elsa groups will be up in arms about it and call Disney homophobes as a result. Look at the crap that Nintendo got for not keeping gay relationships in...Wii...something town or whatever that was. That Mii avatar thing. They're either going to get crap from "religious" groups, or crap from younger consumers who are far more accepting. They chose the latter, which is no surprise since they've been pulling that sort of wishy washy parental group-aphobic stunt since Mortal Kombat got a home port.

But I'll respect that movement over the "make Jack Frost and Elsa an offical couple" fan-ficy crap. Not only is it not in the best interest of Dreamworks and Disney to cross their characters over, but Frozen made a crapton of money and Rise of the Guardians not so much.

FraggleFrick

Reaction score
Welp, FROZEN's back to being hyped up again, but this time it's because there's apparently a Twitter campaign petition to turn Elsa into a lesbian.
WHAT IN THE NAME OF JERRY NELSON?! Ok, they started this crap with the lyrics to Let It Go. But I thought it sounded like she was using the restroom! Disney has done some pretty strange things, but I cannot imagine a homosexual cartoon character. Ernie and Bert are not gay, and Elsa is not a lesbian! Goodness gracious, cartoons are for kids!