Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Which brings me to something I found there - along with a new theme arrangement, they did film a new opening sequence. So, yay!
I was hoping that was the case, and I felt that went without saying. Even if it's the same exact hip hop flavored tune, the visuals demanded changing. We know the reason why, I needn't repeat it.

It's that freaking Zoe puppet.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Is there any word on if the half hour version will still be going on?

The reason I ask is because my school schedule this upcoming Fall semester is being switched up a bit, and there's a slight chance that I won't be able to catch the full 1 hour shows that air on Monday-Thursday (unless I get a day off for whatever reason). However, I'll be able to come home in time for the half hour version in the afternoon...and I have Fridays off, so of course if a new episode airs on Friday, I'll be to catch the full 1 hour version.

Just something that's been buzzing through my mind all week.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I would assume they'd keep the half-hour version; I don't see it harming them in any way.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sounds like that depends on if PBS has a new series to put in that place. Haven't heard of one yet, and the thing must be cheap enough to produce. It's just reruns cut up. Sometimes a little too thickly (still hate they cut off the ending of "Get Lost, Mr. Chips").

Unless there's a good financial reason for it, or they want to put on more Curious George reruns in its place, I don't see it going anywhere either.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Is there any word on if the half hour version will still be going on?

The reason I ask is because my school schedule this upcoming Fall semester is being switched up a bit, and there's a slight chance that I won't be able to catch the full 1 hour shows that air on Monday-Thursday (unless I get a day off for whatever reason). However, I'll be able to come home in time for the half hour version in the afternoon...and I have Fridays off, so of course if a new episode airs on Friday, I'll be to catch the full 1 hour version.

Just something that's been buzzing through my mind all week.
Yeah. My work schedule has gotten in the way of me watching the show at times as well, but hopefully they'll still show the half hour version on the web as well.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Any new updates to this season?:search:
Not yet. Last night, I did find two things to add to the Wiki about it though - Alan Cumming's appearance is him playing a Grouch explorer named Mucko Polo and one episode is called "When Dinosaurs Walked on Sesame Street."

And that's pretty much it. None of the PBS schedules I've looked at having anything listed for October yet, so I'm guessing in a couple of weeks, we should start seeing some previews or the press kit.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Those small snippets of info are quite intriguing. Alan can ham it up when he needs to. He could easily be called the best part of the Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas movie (especially as the Mick Jagger parody). I'd love to see what he brings to his Sesame Street appearance as a Grouch.

And the episode about Dinosaurs seems like its a good concept. Hopefully it won't turn into an exact copy of the one with Grover from a couple years back. Dinosaurs seem to be the big "it" thing in movies today (surprised Marvel isn't considering a Devil Dinosaur movie yet). We'll probably see the grand return of Herb, even if it's just the puppet.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
If you can get onto Instagram and search "#sesamestreet46," you'll be able to find them.

Which brings me to something I found there - along with a new theme arrangement, they did film a new opening sequence. So, yay!
Could you give me the link to where you found the post about the new opening, I searched for it on instagram but I couldn't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.