Kermit and Miss Piggy Officially Split!

RealWonderman

Reaction score
Personally, I'm glad. In re-watching some of the older Muppet Show episodes, I realized that Kermit was a JERK. And even recently, he's always acted like he's embarrassed of their relationship. Onward and upward Piggy!!!

cjd874

Reaction score
First, I find the timing of this to be ironic. There are so many celebrity couples like Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert, Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner, and Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale who have recently announced their own splits and/or divorces.
Second, Kermit never seemed to be the jerk in the relationship. Miss Piggy was always the one making advances on Kermit, and he'd always say that he didn't want her. Instead of talking it out with Kermit or looking at things from his perspective, Piggy would selfishly and angrily send Kermit flying across the room.
Third, does anyone else think that this is just a publicity stunt to promote the new series? Ryan from ToughPigs thinks so. And so do I.
http://www.toughpigs.com/breaking-kermit-and-miss-piggy-have-parted-ways/

RowlfFan12

Reaction score
Definitely going for publicity for the show. It's amazing (and yet not at the same time) how so many people are like "omg my childhood is ruined for like, EVER!!" Seriously?
It'll be interesting to see if we get a response from Ricky Gervais. In several interviews for MMW he said how he and Constantine bonded over their "mutual hatred of the pig" and thought that Kermit could do better.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Words cannot express my complete disdain for this publicity stunt.
As I said, this is something that we didn't already know by the description of the series. As far as I'm concerned, this thing we already knew was going to happen is so obviously going to be a plot point in the series proper. Isn't it worth it to see the characters eventually reconcile (which it couldn't be more obvious that's the intention here)? As long as it doesn't come to the same low level humor of 2000 era TV talk show gigs (pre-Disney mind you) where they were given prewritten, guided scripts that touched on the same lame fat jokes, it's fine by me.

I really like how Kermit's going through a rebound phase in the show. There's a lot of potential for some humor and drama there. I don't see this as anything but trying to make the events of the show more obvious to the not Muppet savvy that have already seen the trailers and pitch reel.

David French

Reaction score
Considering that neither of them have ever been in a relationship in the real world sense, I find it more infuriating that international media are taking this story so seriously. They're being spoon-fed and they don't seem to care.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
WOW. Thanks for trying to COMPLETELY SUCK THE FUN OUT OF THIS. My gods, you people are no fun, and no good at this at all. Bye.