Kermit and Miss Piggy Officially Split!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Was wondering when Aunt Ru was going to post about this.

When first I saw the thread title I thought, :sigh:, here we go again... Another stinkin' Muppet news item blown waaaay out of proportion.

And yet, after reading into the sitch a bit further, I'm in the camp of "c'mon, we knew this was planned to happen to hype the show." After all, how else were they going to explain :smile: suddenly dating Denise now? And it's completely predictable that :smile: and :mad: will end up back together again again (song cue) in some sort of season-ending cliffhanger or not.

The interesting thing is that this brake-up ploy was to have been implemented through a campaign titled The Pig of the 90's, but Jim's death put a nix on that plotpoint.

Meh, all I can do is like the song says...
:concern: All I can do is shake my head, you might not believe that it's true.
*Waits until September 22 to watch and judge then. *Hopes this doesn't mean KG is irreparably on hold because of this news.

Katzi428

Reaction score
When first I saw the thread title I thought, :sigh:, here we go again... Another stinkin' Muppet news item blown waaaay out of proportion.
One of my friends on Facebook called this to my attention, and then I saw posts from :smile: & :mad:. So I thought to myself, "Oh great...some jerk had hacked both Kermit's & Miss Piggy's pages just to cause trouble. " :rolleyes: But when the news was on the sidebars of FB,I figured it was true. My guess is that the story was created so people will watch "the muppets" come September.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And yet, after reading into the sitch a bit further, I'm in the camp of "c'mon, we knew this was planned to happen to hype the show." After all, how else were they going to explain :smile: suddenly dating Denise now? And it's completely predictable that :smile: and :mad: will end up back together again again (song cue) in some sort of season-ending cliffhanger or not.
Yeah. I know there are some stuck on the headcanon that the priest in MTM was real because of an offhand comment (uh...don't you also need a license, and if Piggy was that desperate, she'd just try to forge his signature, eventually leading to Kermit really blowing his top at her for it anyway?). Part of me feels that they were made an official couple in the mid-late 80's because Jim and Frank grew tired of the "will they or won't they" joke. But for whatever reason, this is basically for those who are far more casual than anyone here who basically only know there's going to be a new show via the promos.

Considering that neither of them have ever been in a relationship in the real world sense, I find it more infuriating that international media are taking this story so seriously. They're being spoon-fed and they don't seem to care.
:rolleyes:

That's a totally original rant about mainstream media I've never heard before. What good is a publicity stunt if it doesn't drum up publicity. If this soft news gets more viewers and better ratings so "The Muppets" doesn't get canned with a crappy "Talent" contest in half a year, I'm all for it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:mad: did forge :smile:'s signature on a marriage certificate. Or rather, she had :wink: do it convincing :smile: it was for a little old lady in the audience in the theater during the Merissa Berenson episode from Season 3. Which is the sketch that led to :fishy: being owed a debt of gratitude for life and being included in all 8 Muppet movies and TV specials to date.

Beth C

Reaction score
Well this brought me running here. Never in ANY universe will I accept these two NOT as a couple.

Kermit & Piggy forever and ever and ever and EVER.

New show or not, they are soulmates. End. Of. Story.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I'm just sitting here shaking my head about the media actually making this a headline. We've known about this for quite a while now. Quite obviously a publicity stunt.

Now as for the break up itself, I'm quite excited to see where it takes Kermit and Piggy as far as character development. Denise is already in the picture, so now that Kermit has been freed from a relationship that he eventually had to give in to, maybe he can finally work out what he wants in a significant other. Piggy on the other hand, will have a chance to work out who she really is; can she be more than just a frog-obsessed diva?

Look, we can point fingers all day at who is to blame for the break up, but let's face it. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. We all know that they will eventually return to each other again. It's a fresh new start for both of them and I can't wait to see how they will grow without being held back by each other.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This is just a way to drum up publicity for the new show, and i'm sure as the buildup to fall season starts, we'll hear more about it. The statement's last line was "this is our only comment on this private matter...unless we get the right offer." I'm sure they're going to do a mock interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live in a couple of weeks about it.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
All I can say is that if 'He's Just Not That Into You' had been published during the 'Muppet Show' days...

Katzi428

Reaction score
This is just a way to drum up publicity for the new show, and i'm sure as the buildup to fall season starts, we'll hear more about it. The statement's last line was "this is our only comment on this private matter...unless we get the right offer." I'm sure they're going to do a mock interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live in a couple of weeks about it.
Charlie ,as I said up there^^^ it probably is a ploy to get people to watch the new show.