Questions about anything

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The answer is probably no, but does anybody know if the producers of The Brady Bunch Hour offered to have Robbie Risk reprise his role of Oliver?

I'm guessing he wasn't offered, but you never know. In fact, I wonder if he would have reprised his role if he ever was offered to for any of the Brady Bunch sequels/spin-offs.
At the same time as the Brady Bunch Hour Robbie Rist was in a Saturday morning sitcom called "Big John Little John". Herb Edelman played Big John, a 40 year old science teacher, who drank from the Fountain of Youth. At the most inopportune moments, he would shrink into 12-year-old Little John (played by Rist). After a while, Little John would morph back into Big John, with gags aplenty.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think the Schwartzes produced this one as well. If not, it has the same 70's cheesy mung as "The Brady Bunch". A lot of toxic waste pouring out of Paramount Studios at that time.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
ooh! she was in a muppet production! XD
and I remember the batman and robin review the nostalgia critic did. "A BAT CREDIT CARD?!"
She also starred in Kill Bill and the sequel, Pulp Fiction, and The Truth about Cats and Dogs (very sweet film, I highly recommend!)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's one scene in Back to the Future Part II in which Doc runs into his past self. His past self asks Doc to hand him something, and Doc manages to correct him.... Does this have any change or affect on Marty's trip back to 1955? Is there any kind of difference I've overlooked between Marty going back in the first film and the second? Was Doc just confused by what he remembered doing?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I've caught a few episodes of the Nick Jr. series PAW Patrol, and it's a really solid show with a good deal of sly humor and none of that Dora-style interactivity (always a plus). But one of the things that bug me are that the puppies are the only animals in the show that talk and have human intelligence. Just why is this? Do the collars they use for radio communication give them that ability or something? :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When did Nick Jr. start playing reruns of adult sitcoms? And movies at that? Wouldn't that be better suited for TeenNick?

Come to think of it, when did Sprout start playing movies?

Schfifty

Reaction score
Why does it seem like all the new cartoons on Cartoon Network have to be 11-minute episodes instead of 22-minute episodes? Can't they just combine two episodes and run them as a half-hour program, like the older Cartoon Cartoons shows did? And aren't 11-minute shows usually more common on Adult Swim?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In The Producers, reviews of the musical get printed and sold almost immediately after the show is over. I always figured this an exaggeration or "rule of funny", kind of like how in many cartoons a character can order something and it gets delivered right away. In fact I think such a comment is made in one of the deleted scenes (oh, and I'm referring to the 2005 version). But yesterday I watched a Mathnet serial from Square One Television, "The Case of the Un-Kidnapping", which involves a Broadway show, and in that print reviews come out following the shows opening night (the main characters even leave the show early to wait for the reviews). So in real life, do reviews of Broadway shows actually get written and sent out right after the shows? I can see reviewers being able to type up a review right after seeing it and getting it printed, but if the newspapers/magazines with the reviews are actually seen before morning, that's quite a feat.

And while on the subject of Mathnet, and this is something that might belong more in the "You ever notice... and what's the deal?" thread... But does anyone else feel that's a bit adult for a kids show? As a kid, I liked Square One Television but found the Mathnet segments boring, and watching a complete serial for the first time in years (even if it's just one of them), I feel like it does seem like it'd be boring to a child. I enjoyed it now, but aside from all the math lessons, it seems like it should have been a prime time show (and I've read that select PBS stations did air entire Mathnet serials in prime time, edited to fit under an hour).

And an observation that feels more like it belongs in the "You know what...?" thread: Mathnet seemed to be a little ahead of it's time. This came out nearly a decade before Elmo's World, and like Elmo's World, it filled the last 15 minutes of the show it was on. And unlike Sesame Street, Square One Television is only a half-hour long.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why was Kanye West given a Lifetime Achievement Award? I mean what's become of the entertainment industry anymore? Giving stars on the Walk of Fame to people whose careers aren't even impressive or haven't even been in the business very long? Giving a Lifetime Achievement Award to someone like Kanye? Celebrating douchebag personalities as having an impact on the public?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Um . . . what's all this talk about Justin Bieber's "big comeback"? Uh, when was he ever gone?