THAT'S how it ends?!?! REALLY?!?!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The finale for The Last Man on Earth was really good, it got me on the edge of my seat, and also made me laugh a lot. when Phill number two threw Phill out in the dessert, a real a:hungry:s if you ask me that he would do that, and when he pulled the original Phill away, my jaw just dropped, great finale though, and since it is renewed I really want to see what happens next.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They clearly had a "we didn't know if we got renewed" (spoiler: they did) attitude with the show, yet were hopeful enough to include a nice cliffhanger. Unlike a certain musical show that left too much up to a cliffhanger, it wasn't something make or break for the series. While it would have stunk to not see that thread of Phil's astronaut brother (but, again, it was renewed), the character arc of Phil and Kristen Schall's character had some nice semi-conclusion.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yesterday I watched the HIMYM finale for the first time since it premiered, and this time I feel a little better watching what all happened. The first time it mostly came off as a shock (though I saw a lot of Wild Man Guessing at TV Tropes that the mother would die, and I actually started to believe that as I was watching the first time), but watching it again, after I already know what all happens, doesn't feel as sad or imperfect as before. It's still not how it should have ended, but the disappointment factor is now gone in me.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
If you ask me, the finale for Three's Company has to be the worst finale ever made, if you watch the series, and watch the finale you will not like it. Barely spending time to give each character an ending, giving charcters a few minutes to say generic goodbye stuff, shipping off a character for a random reason, focusing on a character barely introduced a few episodes ago, and using it to start a failed spinoff series, really not a good way to finish the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, the last ATHF aired last night, and while I wasn't entirely disappointed with it, I really think they could have gone out on a more insane note. At least, they could have had the Mooninites pop up. Not even a nod.

The only exciting thing about the episode was:
They managed to actually sneak in an uncensored "F" word... the ONLY word still taboo on a non-premium channel. Which is excellent, especially as even the S word has a limit on how many times it can be said on a cable show.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So, the last ATHF aired last night, and while I wasn't entirely disappointed with it, I really think they could have gone out on a more insane note. At least, they could have had the Mooninites pop up. Not even a nod.

They managed to actually sneak in an uncensored "F" word... the ONLY word still taboo on a non-premium channel. Which is excellent, especially as even the S word has a limit on how many times it can be said on a cable show.
I think they should have book-ended it with Dr. Weird, as well. He hasn't been seen regularly since season 2.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If you ask me, the finale for Three's Company has to be the worst finale ever made, if you watch the series, and watch the finale you will not like it. Barely spending time to give each character an ending, giving charcters a few minutes to say generic goodbye stuff, shipping off a character for a random reason, focusing on a character barely introduced a few episodes ago, and using it to start a failed spinoff series, really not a good way to finish the show.
I saw the finale once and don't know what to make of it. Even though it sets up the spin-off, it does feel sad that all three room mates are leaving, even if they are for better things. While Teri was moving to Hawaii (I believe), was it said that Janet was moving out of town as well? Seems sad that she and Jack wouldn't still hang out every once in awhile. It's a shame that nobody from past seasons were brought back for the finale (TV Tropes points out in the headscratchers section that it's odd that Janet wouldn't invite Chrissy, Cindy, the Ropers, or even her parents, though I'm not surprised they didn't get Suzanne Sommers back).

I recently saw a few episodes of Three's a Crowd, and I think it's a decent show. Though it seems like it didn't have to be a spin-off from Three's Company (it;s weird for the star of a series to get his own spin-off). I read at TV Tropes that they rarely acknowledged anything from Three's Company, aside from the time Larry made an appearance (aside from his appearance, he pointed out that Jack used to live with two women). John Ritter could have played a character with a different name and it wouldn't have made a big difference.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think they should have book-ended it with Dr. Weird, as well. He hasn't been seen regularly since season 2.
The movie was a more fitting finale. Even the opening episode of the season would have made a better finale in a weird way. It felt like they just took a regular episode, added some nods to it being on for 15 years, extended it to 22 minutes and tacked on the ending of Meatwad's new life to give it closure. But I'd gather that's probably because I just found out ending the show wasn't a mutual decision, and CN just wanted to cut them off, and they didn't have enough time to write a satisfying finale. Master Shake and Frylock dying would have been a more satisfying close had the show not repeatedly kill Carl and Shake off multiple times before. That isn't to say I didn't enjoy it, but it felt like this series should have gone off with the most loud, garish, incomprehensible explosion of artistic insanity ever, perhaps even mocking the fact they were getting cancelled. At least that rather than the joke about Meatwad suddenly becoming competent and then becoming incompetent again.

Still, no Mooninites? Boo!

Schfifty

Reaction score

I haven't really watched the show since I was about 14, but I watched the last episode, and I didn't expect it to end that tragically. I'm kinda glad Carl didn't get some unfortunate thing happen to him, although that was normal in the series. Maybe they decided Carl should have a happy ending.

I also saw the season's intro for the first time, and I gotta say...that is an epic intro.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's another thing. Carl really didn't do anything. He was...just there. He had some friend try to jack Frylock's dying gem and that was it. Sure, the penultimate episode was all about him (and it was disturbing as heck for the wrong reasons at the beginning, but it got better and weirder near the end), but you'd think even he'd have more screen time for the finale. Nope. Not much Carl and no Dr. Weird, Mooninites, Plutonians, M.C. PeePants, not even a nod to Space Ghost (even the movie did that). Just...kinda a let down for a supposed grand finale for a show that took everything to an illogical extreme. And it doesn't even feel like it's a let down as a joke.

And I can't say that something tragic didn't happen to him offscreen. While it doesn't directly imply he's dead of old age, it's easily assumed that's the case. The house seems to be broken down, and Meatwad can't seem to remember Carl's name. I think he even mentions that he used to live there.