Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Frodis

Reaction score
According to the Wiki, recently information posted from episode 1201 shows that it has one of my holy grail clips on it. The kids getting fruit from the fruit vendor, and just like I remembered them showing it, in two languages. Hopefully that clip shows up on Youtube sometime soon.
Ah, there it is...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice picture of Joe Raposo on the wall back there.
The same photo is used in other sketches too. Most notably you'll see it occasionally in the background with Don Music and Kermit.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The description for the Manny the Agent sketch says it's Brian Meehl doing his best impression of a Frank Oz character, but I don't see it. Some of Meehl's characters (Dr. Nobel Price, Clementine) sound a bit like some of Frank's characters (like Marvin Suggs). To me, Manny feels more like the kind of character I'd expect Richard Hunt to perform.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The description for the Manny the Agent sketch says it's Brian Meehl doing his best impression of a Frank Oz character, but I don't see it. Some of Meehl's characters (Dr. Nobel Price, Clementine) sound a bit like some of Frank's characters (like Marvin Suggs). To me, Manny feels more like the kind of character I'd expect Richard Hunt to perform.
I don't mean vocal-wise. I mean character-wise. Think Frank's Mother Goose. That's exactly the type of character he'd make Manny if he did him in this bit.

Schfifty

Reaction score
The same photo is used in other sketches too. Most notably you'll see it occasionally in the background with Don Music and Kermit.
And it's even used in the old Count It Higher home video, sitting on top of the Count's television. It'd be neat to know how old the picture is, or when it was taken.

cjd874

Reaction score
An entertaining and very impressive musical bit with Big Bird, Oscar, and the adult cast...even though David is absent, Mr. MacIntosh is here! It also sounds like Brian Meehl and Michael Earl are playing Gilbert & Sullivan here, instead of Richard Hunt and Martin P. Robinson.

@hooperfan Thanks again for another great find! I love these Gilbert & Sullivan bits...it's always a great excuse for the cast to go over the top a little more than usual. :crazy: :batty: :laugh: :smile: :wink:

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
We're All Monsters with the original voices, and not just the video with audio dubbed from the album release.

And here's a rare Michael Earl performance as Forgetful Jones.

Last edited: