Your Thoughts: "I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story"

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Is this not available in stores, or do you have to order it? It looks like fye may have it in stores, they don't have any actual information that says they do or not; meanwhile, Best Buy of all places is apparently not selling this in stores.
It is available in stores. I know it's at Barnes and Noble, apparently (it's not at the ones near me, but their site said it was at one near my internship, though I couldn't find it).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We only have one Barnes and Noble in my town (way on the other side of town), but after checking it out, they apparently don't have it either.

I also checked BAM's site, and they say they have it in stock, but again, there's no clarity that it's available in-store or not.

SpookyMania

Reaction score
Barnes and Noble may not have it immediately in the store but they can order it in. That's how I got my copy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's what I'm asking: will this be available in-store, or does it have to be ordered?

SpookyMania

Reaction score
It'll have to be ordered. They told me it won't be available in the stores otherwise.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And I'm really getting sick of this. They always have to keep making it more and more of a hassle to purchase things that are actually worth buying - no wonder retail is hurting. It's such a drawn-out process of having to look up an item, place it on order, confirm all of your pertinent information (name, number, address, credit information, yadda-yadda-yadda), print out the paper work to sign, wait for it to arrive, and hope it isn't damaged on arrival (once had to do with this a special edition release of H.R. PUFNSTUF, the package was delivered completely crushed, so I had to return it, re-order it, and wait for it to be sent again). I mean buying it in-store is an in-and-out process with little to no hassle whatsoever, so what's the big deal? Oh yeah, I keep forgetting: we're lazy America. Buying an item in-store would require you to actually get up off your fat butt, leave the house, drive to wherever it is you're going, walk in, grab what you're looking for, wait in line, exchange funds with the cashier, get back into the car, and drive all the way home again.

SpookyMania

Reaction score
I dunno, I had pretty good luck when I bought it. I ordered it directly to the store because they don't ask for any money down and you can see if there's any damage to the case before you pay for it. There also was no S+H fee. They just asked for my email and said I'd hear from them in a week. Literally about five days later, my copy came in and I bought it up. And the person I ordered it from actually had the idea to order an extra copy to keep in the store just in case. Pretty good thinking on his part.

cjd874

Reaction score
I finally saw this documentary film...WOW. I love how Caroll & Debbie Spinney's relationship is emphasized, and the depth and innocence shown through Caroll's narration. Great interview material from Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson (RIP), Sonia Manzano, Emilio Delgado, Bob McGrath, Loretta Long, Joan Ganz Cooney, Cheryl Henson, Matt Vogel, Victor DiNapoli, Norman Stiles, and J. Milligan to boot.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, be prepared to laugh (first date stories), cry (when Caroll learns of Jim Henson's death), and learn a lot (how Big Bird is operated, where Oscar got his name from, traveling to China, etc). 4.5/5 stars