The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

CookieKing90

Reaction score
So here's the scene I am trying to find on one sesame street episode. I remember of this one scene of where Gladys the cow appears and starts telling the viewer about something. I remember she kept walking towards the camera while she was saying it. Then it goes to the film she was talking about, and when the film ends it comes back to Gladys, and she began laughing when she enters. And that is all I remember about that scene.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay...I..uh... found what I was looking for and it was slightly more disturbing than I thought. So I'm going to move it to its own discussion.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wasn't there an animated insert from the 90s that featured an elephant who placed a bunch of peanuts on the ground, jumped high up into the air, landed on them to squish them under his massive weight, ate said squished peanuts and remarked, "Mmm! Peanut butter!"

Schfifty

Reaction score
Wasn't there an animated insert from the 90s that featured an elephant who placed a bunch of peanuts on the ground, jumped high up into the air, landed on them to squish them under his massive weight, ate said squished peanuts and remarked, "Mmm! Peanut butter!"
You mean this one?

I don't think there's a video of it online...I might upload that sketch soon.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Well, here's the video of that sketch. I don't think it's ever been online before now, so here it is.

Lawro

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the site, and am looking video footage of a few Sesame Street sketches I couldn't find on the internet. All I know is that they were aired during Season 19 (87'-88'), though chances are they could've been repeats.

• One is from episode 2379 which features Teri Garr, who is a student of Oscar at his Grouch School.
  • Another is a live-action educational piece on how new roads are made (features the old road being dug up, new black-top being put down and then steam-rolled).
  • The other one I can think of at the moment is a cartoon (shown here as the last one before Segment 4) of a man who plays the flute to some birds in a forest, the forest gets cut down, he becomes sad, and then replants the forest:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_2292

We had full episodes of 2379, 2414, 2415, and perhaps a couple of others from Season 19 on VHS when I was a child but sadly they were destroyed a few years ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Does anybody know the Earliest Known Appearances of these segments?

I can't seem to find a lot of information about these on Muppet Wiki.

There is also one with Chuck Close but I cannot seem to find a picture of it.

This is what Muppet Wiki has to say.

A third segment features Close taking Big Bird through the steps he goes through in order to get ready to paint. Because he's disabled, he uses a special machine to maneuver his canvas into the right position. Then he chooses the right brush for the job, and finally, mixes paints to get the right color. Big Bird notes that the blues he goes through remind him of his friends Cookie Monster and Grover, and asks to have some paints himself. As Big Bird creates his self-portrait, he mimics Close's unique style of painting.