Regular Show Series Talkback!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nice to see Margaret get an episode to herself again. Loved seeing her deal first hand with the inexplicable supernatural stuff Rigs and Mordo usually have to deal with. Plus I'm incredibly psyched for the next half hour super special.

On that note, rewatching Brilliant Century Duck Crisis special again, the writers are totally going at Jazzwares's Regular Show toyline. The Rigby especially looks like the 3" figure with chattering teeth. And they kinda don't stand up well on their own. They're pretty alright, though.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I thought the cut-away to an unimpressed CJ changing the channel during the broadcast was pretty funny. Plus I'm a sucker for local news based humor, because few TV programs are as consistently funny as bad local news, which there's a ton of in Connecticut.

mr3urious

Reaction score
SIMPSONS DID IT!!! SIMPSONS DID IT!!!

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, this was a pretty crazy episode involving the park employees stuck under a dome as part of a month-long experiment thanks to Benson screwing up the date he received and refusing to admit he was wrong.
Of course, it was revealed that Mr. Maellard planned them to be experimented on because he likes to throw money away for his own amusement, and Benson rubs his being right all along in his face.

I find it interesting how the others (including Mordo and Rigs) were able to survive just fine without Benson screaming at them every few minutes. And Benson's transformation into Rambo along with the constant exchange of tranquilizer and antidote darts during the climactic chase scene made me lose it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The best part was that Benson didn't care about the massive conspiracy about the dome. Just the massive conspiracy about the date being right. And even then, for self righteous satisfaction. Adding to the fact that the slacker characters were more well adjusted and okay with the Dome than Benson.

But the real golden moment for me was the segments with the fake Mordo et al for Benson and the fake Benson for the rest of them. How the characters were drawn the same until the big reveal, and the costumes (and puppet) were painfully paper thin. Liked Roger Craig Smith's Rigby voice.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm enjoying these episodes in which M&R aren't directly responsible for ruining Benson's life. And the whole conspiracy about Internet cat videos really being humans (or in this case, non-feline creatures) in mo-cap suits enslaved by a crazy director
who was really a cat in a mo-cap suit himself
makes all too much sense. And who could resist Mordie, Rigs, and Ben as cats? :smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This was the first time in a long time that I got to watch the show,I forgot how great it is !

Drtooth

Reaction score
Love how Rigby complained about the plot twist coming out of no where. Even though it was kinda obvious that would happen.

Only part that made me shake my head was how Skips and Muscleman started snarling at Mordo and Rigs because they got Benson addicted to cat videos when Rigs was just trying to cover their butts (mostly his own).

mr3urious

Reaction score
As cliched as amnesia episodes are, Last night's ep. had a good enough twist on it in that Muscle Man and High Five Ghost don't remember a thing about their friendship specifically.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's been a while since we've had a Muscle Man episode. I like that out of all the characters, episodes focusing on him are oddly some of the most deep episodes of the series. I especially like the weird callback to "HU-U-U-U-U-MU-U-U-US!"

I wonder, though. It's probably coincidental, but I wonder if one of the writers of the show is somehow familiar with Usavich. I can't remember the name of that classical piece they used when they went through the pit, but it's a recurring music cue on that show I mentioned. Usually when things go all slowmo like they did here.