Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They fixed the issue of not being able to remove stuff, HUH-ray.

I've been reading rumors, and I don't know if this is actually true, but it's been recently reported that Google is actually owning up to what a terrible idea it was to force everybody to add a Google+ account to their already-existing YT accounts, and are apparently in the process of reversing the whole thing, where you can go back to posting comments again on your YT account, and supposedly you can delete your synced Google+ account if you wish to no longer use it.

Ehh . . . sound a little too good to be true, doesn't it? I mean Google admitting one of their ideas was a bad one?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's another annoyance I wish they'd fix but I know they won't: you're apparently not allowed to have more than 25 vids in your watch history at a time, otherwise they repeat your history items, so when you remove one of the repeated items, it removes that video entirely from your history. Kind of annoying when you use your watch history frequently for quick access to vids you're into at the moment.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh great, now Dailymotion has followed suit with the annoying disappearing video player.

Somebody explain to me: why is this a thing?

Schfifty

Reaction score
Oh great, now Dailymotion has followed suit with the annoying disappearing video player.

Somebody explain to me: why is this a thing?
Well, simply put, there's one word that answers that question: convenience. Also, it's 2015, so things like disappearing player bars should be pretty common.

Okay, now for some reason, the # of comments on my videos aren't showing up in the Video Manager. I've gotten like twelve comments on different videos in the last three days, and the comment tally isn't updating properly. Is a server having trouble processing them fast enough? What the heck is going on?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, simply put, there's one word that answers that question: convenience.
Um, what? When you need to use the player, it overlaps the video itself. Then, when it's not in use, it disappears completely. How is that convenient? It's not a convenience, it's an annoyance.
Also, it's 2015, so things like disappearing player bars should be pretty common.
I didn't know 2015 was the supposed to be the year of breaking things on the internet and calling it progress.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I am trying to watch a Looney Tunes YouTube Poop but guess what I get instead?

This!

This video contains content from MC for Warner Bros., who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that.

Why am I getting this? Why can't I watch this video? I want to see the video, not this.

Last edited:

Schfifty

Reaction score
I am trying to watch a Looney Tunes YouTube Poop but guess what I get instead?

This!

This video contains content from MC for Warner Bros., who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that.

Why am I getting this? Why can't I watch this video? I want to see the video, not this.
You're getting that message because the video contained copyrighted material and was blocked by the copyright owner. In this case, the material belongs to Warner Bros.. Sometimes, a copyright owner will choose to block certain videos containing their content, or even worse, cause YouTube to remove them and give the uploader a strike. I'm afraid there's not much you can do about it, Jazzy.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
You're getting that message because the video contained copyrighted material and was blocked by the copyright owner. In this case, the material belongs to Warner Bros.. Sometimes, a copyright owner will choose to block certain videos containing their content, or even worse, cause YouTube to remove them and give the uploader a strike. I'm afraid there's not much you can do about it, Jazzy.
What's the copyright owner?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I discovered someone has jipped one of my Steve D'Monster videos and posted it on Dailymotion - without permission, or acknowledging any kind of credit to the source of the content; so I keep trying to file a copyright claim, but DM keeps denying it, because it keeps saying I haven't filled out certain fields in the form . . . that it doesn't even ask me for . . . how can I leave fields blank when they're not even on the form?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently it's only been over a month, but it feels like this ****** new video player has been around longer than that, and after all this time, it still sucks! But, since Dailymotion, Metacafe, and others have followed suit, I guess any hope they'll revert back is futile. Gah, these overlapping and disappearing video players suck!

Y'know, the only time YT actually did something useful with their video players didn't even last? Remember the "pop-out" player? Where you could launch the video you're watching into its own separate window like any other media player? That was actually a useful feature, but it didn't last.