Your Sesame Street VHS tape collections

Schfifty

Reaction score
I forgot one more video:

Bedtime Stories and Songs
: 5/92

Also, I forgot the date for Sesame Street's 25th Anniversary is actually 3/93, not 1/93.

BTW, thanks for sharing, sonicruler!

BertsNose

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the information on the tiny flaps inside the sleeves? There's lots of videos by Random House that show a number, some sort of logo, and even (for some copies) the month and year the cassette was produced!

Since this could be an advantage to figuring out when the re-releases of the My Sesame Street Home Video series were first produced, as well as when the later videos were produced, I'll go ahead and list the dates for my copies:

The Alphabet Game: 5/92
The Best of Ernie and Bert: 5/92
Count it Higher: 5/92
Getting Ready for School: 6/92
Don't Eat the Pictures: 8/92
Sing-Along Earth Songs: 1/93
Sesame Street's 25th Birthday: 1/93*
Learning About Numbers: 8/93
Sing Along: 8/93
Elmo's Sing-Along Guessing Game: 8/93
The Best of Elmo: 10/93*
A New Baby in My House: 11/93*

*Sesame Street's 25th Birthday was originally released in October 1993.
*The Best of Elmo was released in August 1994
*A New Baby in My House was released in January 1994
Wow. I never thought to look there before and its very interesting to discover when certain tapes were released/produced. I didn't see any flaps on my two Random House videos. My copy of "The Best of Ernie and Bert" is a Sony Wonder re-release. I guess the date on there wouldn't count since its not the original release. If you are interested though it says in that set of numbers on the tape that my Sony Wonder copy of Ernie and Bert was released/printed 3/96.

Also this might be a silly question but I know that VHS tapes have things called print dates. Is a print date the same as a release/production date? I couldn't find any dates on my copies of "Put Down the Duckie" and "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street." I guess either the flaps are missing or the those end labels on the front of the tape are hiding it.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well here is my video I did for my YouTube page that has my collection of Sesame Street VHS. Skip to 0:46, Ingore the guy in the green shirt. Enjoy!

I have also two more videos that has the rest of my Muppet/Fraggle Rock VHS tapes.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well here is my video I did for my YouTube page that has my collection of Sesame Street VHS. Skip to 0:46, Ingore the guy in the green shirt. Enjoy!

I have also two more videos that has the rest of my Muppet/Fraggle Rock VHS tapes.
Great Video, also Don't Eat Picture was release on DVD.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Great Video, also Don't Eat Picture was release on DVD.
That was when It hadn't came out yet on DVD and I wanted to see it. It was one of the specials I remember very well. I don't have it yet on DVD only cause I never did see it in stores and if I had I would have. Thanks for liking my video.

I have other videos like I mentioned in the last post also if you can't wait for my new VHS Collection video (September 14) I'll be posting a new video, a review video a Sesame Street Episode. "Episode 0592: A Cold Day On Sesame Street."
I'm posting it cause of fall just being right around the corner or on your door step.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Also this might be a silly question but I know that VHS tapes have things called print dates. Is a print date the same as a release/production date? I couldn't find any dates on my copies of "Put Down the Duckie" and "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street." I guess either the flaps are missing or the those end labels on the front of the tape are hiding it.
Print dates basically mean when the cassette was produced, not necessarily when it was released. The month/year info in the flaps denote when the cassette was produced, and this is definitely true according to the three videos I denoted asterisks for. The Best of Elmo was released to retail in August 1994, but my copy's production date is from October 1993.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, I had "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" for the longest time on VHS which we kept at my parents' house and can no longer watch since my parents don't have a working VCR anymore, so fortunately I have the DVD copy of that one.

We also had a copy of "20 and Still Counting" that my uncle taped when it originally aired.

Garrett

Reaction score
I have these copies of these tapes that have different labels, stock numbers and UPCs than most copies do:

Elmopalooza! (LV 51704; 074645170435)
Sesame Street's 25th Birthday: A Musical Celebration! (LV 51707; 074645170732)
1 2 3 Count With Me (LV 51708; 074645170831)
The Great Numbers Game (LV 51709; 074645170930)

Here's what the labels look like on these copies:

Do you have or know of any other Sesame Street tapes besides these that have different stock numbers, UPCs and labels than most copies do?

DePingPong

Reaction score
I have these copies of these tapes that have different labels, stock numbers and UPCs than most copies do:

Elmopalooza! (LV 51704; 074645170435)
Sesame Street's 25th Birthday: A Musical Celebration! (LV 51707; 074645170732)
1 2 3 Count With Me (LV 51708; 074645170831)
The Great Numbers Game (LV 51709; 074645170930)

Here's what the labels look like on these copies:

Do you have or know of any other Sesame Street tapes besides these that have different stock numbers, UPCs and labels than most copies do?
I think all of the Sony Wonder VHS release, like the pictures you posted, have the stock numbers and such.

I have a ton of releases from Random House, I can look and see if they have the stock numbers and all that stuff.