The Clarence thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
There was a great nod to Carl Sagan and Cosmos in this one. I love how dead eyed they made his caricature. So, was the dream kid supposed to be Clarence's desire to have a baby brother? Sure looked like him.

And I've noticed a couple nice Actor Allusions lately. Last week's breakup episode featured Jeff's newfound love of film and desire to make a stop motion project. And the more obvious one that was so obvious that I didn't realize it until recently. Belson, the kid that's always seen playing video games is voiced by the current voice of Sonic the Hedgehog. Don't know if it's intentional.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow. This show has gotten ...weird...

I really liked how Clarence stuck up for Benson. That goes to show how much of a better person Clarence is. Though Balance was pretty much dead on with Belson's lack of actual friends.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Wow. This show has gotten ...weird...

I really liked how Clarence stuck up for Benson. That goes to show how much of a better person Clarence is. Though Balance was pretty much dead on with Belson's lack of actual friends.
Let's not forget his showdown with Gilben. :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I really enjoyed that the Circus had twin like characters of the other character. Even Benson got one too. Funny stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I saw the season premiere of The Goldbergs and all I can think of is them having to recast Jeff.

mr3urious

Reaction score
You know, I saw the season premiere of The Goldbergs and all I can think of is them having to recast Jeff.
I don't think any other kid is able to pull off that voice the way Sean Giambrone does. If we can accept Clarence and Sumo sounding like teenagers, then I don't see why they can't keep Jeff's VA on the show.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I don't think any other kid is able to pull off that voice the way Sean Giambrone does. If we can accept Clarence and Sumo sounding like teenagers, then I don't see why they can't keep Jeff's VA on the show.
Sean Giambrone is the perfect voice for Jeff I really hope they keep him,if not does anyone know if he perhaps has a younger brother?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh well I suppose that's the downside to having a show with child voice actors,but hey The Amazing World of Gumball did a pretty good job at handling it when Gumball and Darwin's VAs got too old.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That said, I'm sure whatever next season has already been recorded for the most part. It's a shame what happens to kids happens, cuz I don't think he can hit those high whiney notes anymore. That's why most cartoons settle for adults (usually women) doing girl voices. But yeah, I hope they keep him on as the character anyway.

Side note... But how odd was it that they actually touched on that on the Goldbergs in the first place? Though as far as the episode went, they cheated. Milli Vanilli wasn't outed as fakers until the early 90's. Right after the episode of Super Mario 3 with them aired in fact.

Oh well I suppose that's the downside to having a show with child voice actors,but hey The Amazing World of Gumball did a pretty good job at handling it when Gumball and Darwin's VAs got too old.
The thing about Gumball is they did it excellently and in only a way a shockingly dark and subversive show can do. Have the characters face their own mortality, accept the fact they're getting older only to have everything hit a cosmic reboot to introduce the new voice actors. Another act of brilliance from the Gumball staff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nice to know that with Halloween upcoming, they freed up one episode of Clarence. While I would think his refusal to Trick or Treat is weirdly out of character, his odd phobia of cheap, novelty Halloween decorations with those obnoxious cheap soundboxes is a perfect rationale for it. Some typically great Clarencey stuff here. Ruining a haunted house by trying to make it better, some needed screentime for Chelsea, Jeff doing his typical Jeff stuff. And of course, Clarence overreacting to and old folks home at Halloween. I especially liked the little Scooby-Doo sound effects nods, and Clarence being baffled by them.

I wonder if the old man was voiced by Jack Angel. Kinda sounded like him.