Will Disney ever focus on Bear in the Big Blue House again?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Why can't it air in the US again?
There's no specific reason. Disney for some reason chooses not to air it in the US. Maybe they just don't have room for it in the schedule, but Canada, which is usually behind in new TV shows (trust me. I'm Canadian) still have it on TV.
It must've been more popular in Canada, just as Fraggle Rock was here. I don't know if you know this, but FR is a very famous part of Canada's TV history and CBC in particular.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
There's no specific reason. Disney for some reason chooses not to air it in the US. Maybe they just don't have room for it in the schedule, but Canada, which is usually behind in new TV shows (trust me. I'm Canadian) still have it on TV.
It must've been more popular in Canada, just as Fraggle Rock was here. I don't know if you know this, but FR is a very famous part of Canada's TV history and CBC in particular.
Wow! That's very neat for Fraggle Rock having a famous part of Canada's TV history and CBC.

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the plus side, at least Disney Jr. shows are no longer condescending, patronizing, and derivative. Glad to see the Dora tone of educational TV is very deservedly dying out.

backpackmina

Reaction score
It's really a shame that we most likely won't see it again. About 2 years ago, Disney Jr. aired old shows (Jungle Cubs, Out of theBox, PB&J Otter, etc) during the late night block. This would've been an opportunity to air Bear again. Unfortunately, they don't run that format anymore...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Preschool channels completely confuse me. I don't buy the need for preschool programming beyond 9 PM. Midnight feedings me all you want, I don't buy it. Kids that young could get the same benefit from a strobe light and a CD of cartoon sound effects. I get not everyone who has cable has on demand, but still... it's a lost opportunity for older shows getting a DVR treatment late night. Then there's Nick Jr. that goes to Nick Mom programming at a certain hour. That's...well...slightly better anyway. Even though the Nick Mom programming is usually absolute garbage. I mean, New Adventures of Old Christine?

Though I really think it's a shame Disney has no where to put older cartoon on any of their other channels late night like Teen Nick's 90's block. I mean, if there's one thing that makes even less sense than a 3Am rerun of Mickey's Clubhouse it's a 3Am rerun of Dog with a Blog when a good 25% of the day's programming is DWAB reruns.

Hitman

Reaction score
If this TV show (Bear in the big blue house) doesn't show up again, our hopes are then crushed. The nostalgia will be more and more powerful. It's bad news.