International skits on Youtube...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I usually hate Sesame's rap stuff (It's way to "My name's [blank] and I'm here to say..."), but this Spanish dub of "Rappin' Alphabet" made me realize this one is saved by having a pretty sick beat:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd hate to say this, but I'd say I like this guy's flow better than Kevin's in the original. It would have been so easy to just pop out one of those jumbled, poor translations of songs that you see once every so often, but this one manages to keep the rhythm. Maybe even sounding better. Of course, my Spanish is rusty. Was this the 26 letter Spanish Alphabet or did it include the variant letters?

Also, I've always been a little confused by this one. I agree, it seems that the Sesame Street music writers have no clue what Rap is. This almost sounds like Disco with rap style lyrics over it.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'd hate to say this, but I'd say I like this guy's flow better than Kevin's in the original. It would have been so easy to just pop out one of those jumbled, poor translations of songs that you see once every so often, but this one manages to keep the rhythm. Maybe even sounding better. Of course, my Spanish is rusty. Was this the 26 letter Spanish Alphabet or did it include the variant letters?
It's the full spanish alphabet, with the LL and Ñ.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah. Wasn't listening closely. But I had a hunch. Ferlingetti was pointing to erased text.

BertsNose

Reaction score
I found "Healthy Foods" in Swedish. Pretty good singing. I watched the other version of "Healthy Foods" posted by DrTooth. It definitely was an interesting version. I will always love the English version, the Swedish one I just found will probably grow on me, but that German one from SesameStraBe (not sure how to make that German letter that looks like a B). was pretty cool.

Also I agree about the French Ernie and the chain-smoking Kermit in Spanish from the clips already posted on other pages. That was the weirdest/worst dubbing ever.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't feel like sorting through the entire thread to see if this is already posted. But I still don't get why they have to make Jimmy Hart versions of Sesame Street Songs for Sesamstrasse. Most of them do sound pretty good, but it's a shame that "Monster in the Mirror" sounds... so off tone.

Yucka.

Oh, and this episode of Sesamstrasse has the German dub of the Bumble Arby cartoon. And the rhyme scheme is kept in tact, even though rhyming the German word for Nine with words like swine is obviously a bit cheated. (It's in about 5:35)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Came across this yesterday - the full "One World, One Sky" Sesame planetarium video, in HD no less (not taped off the screen; full quality):