The Lizzard Brothers You Tube Channel

ashkent

Reaction score
Hi all,

In among the various orders, ideas, pilots, personal videos and other things, I have finally put up The Lizzard Brothers' channel on You Tube.

I have a load of things planned for these guys, as they seem to have developed of their own accord into more than I originally planned, so there will be songs, there will be parodies, there will be sketches, speeches, adverts, there is an album called Songs Without Strings - it is actually a straight pop album despite the play on words in the title - and who knows what other randomness they come up with.

It is very much a work in progress/building channel, but there is a reason why I have put the channel live now and here it is.

I have two daughters who are Amelia, four, and Olivia, almost one, and for most the weekend i was home alone with them. So while the youngest was having a nap, the eldest asked if I would record her singing and dancing outside, which we did. While she was in this mood, i asked if she wanted to sing with one of the puppets. Very loudly she said yes. The following half hour was spent trying to record a thirty second duet with Eddie Lizzard of Manah Manah (or Mnah Mnah as i have always spelled it) which kept descending into chaos when Amelia constantly either laughed or came out with something random.

The first video I have uploaded to the channel is, for me, the reason why Jim Henson did what he did, why everyone on this forum who builds, performs or even just collects puppets, does what they do, and the thing that drives me more than anything else - to hear children (and adults) laugh, to see them loose themselves in a character and to see them forget the fact that someone - even if it's their dad - is sitting right next to them with a hand up that character's backside making it move.

The final video ended up being extended to include some of the outtakes that occurred during the recording. Nothing was scripted, nothing was rehearsed.

The video is below, and i would ask that if you come here for the reasons listed above, or you come here to "be the child", then please share the video anywhere, and with anyone you want to know the magical effects of puppetry.

I would say I'm sorry to have gone on a bit, but I'm really not. :smile:

PuppetMad

Reaction score
It does look like you had a great time making this, its always a delight to make kids laugh, especially with a puppet.
Keep having fun.:smile: