Most Annoying TV Series Ever?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It didn't even premiere yet, but I'm already sick to freaking death of Game Shakers. Why?

Because Nick keeps shoving advertising of the show violently down your throat if you so much as DARE watch an Alvin and the Chipmunks, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, or Pig Goat Banana Cricket. Like twice per commercial break.
They had the same problem last month, but instead of GAME SHAKERS, it was THE THUNDERMANS.

One thing you can say about GAME SHAKERS though is that it seems to be giving Kel Mitchell a sweet little comeback after years of being behind-the-scenes (he's been directing a lot of music videos in recent years), and with his character being a hip-hop mogul makes me wonder if he's work on any original songs for the show like he did with "We're All Dudes" for GOOD BURGER?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It didn't even premiere yet, but I'm already sick to freaking death of Game Shakers. Why?

Because Nick keeps shoving advertising of the show violently down your throat if you so much as DARE watch an Alvin and the Chipmunks, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, or Pig Goat Banana Cricket. Like twice per commercial break.
Dude, this is exactly what I've been saying about TBS with THE BIG DANG THEORY for years! Honestly, they act like they're the only ones who play the show, and they act like everytime they air it, it's a must-see special occasion . . . and they air it like 3-4 hours at a time!

Princeton

Reaction score
One thing you can say about GAME SHAKERS though is that it seems to be giving Kel Mitchell a sweet little comeback after years of being behind-the-scenes (he's been directing a lot of music videos in recent years), and with his character being a hip-hop mogul makes me wonder if he's work on any original songs for the show like he did with "We're All Dudes" for GOOD BURGER?
I think referring to were all dudes as a song is a generous term.

To say these guys are screamingly out of touch with today's anyone under the age of 35 is an understatement. But the freaking non-stop "we've distilled these stock personalities down to a catchphrase" advertisements are abrasive and painful to watch.
Not to keep harping on Will & Grace, but I think that that show is probably the biggest culprit of what you're talking about.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think referring to were all dudes as a song is a generous term.
Aw, you don't like it? I think it's one of those great, feel-good songs. But then again, it was a product of the ska subgenre that many people don't look back fondly on.

Princeton

Reaction score
Aw, you don't like it? I think it's one of those great, feel-good songs. But then again, it was a product of the ska subgenre that many people don't look back fondly on.
It's not really something that one can like or dislike, it simply exists. My point was because of its simplistic and repetitive melody and lyrics, it's not a song in the clinical sense.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah yes, I believe somebody pointed that out about "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone."

"I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know..."

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Ah yes, I believe somebody pointed that out about "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone."

"I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know..."
Reportedly Bill Withers couldn't think of a verse there when he was originally writing it, so he used the "I know" as a placeholder, and when the musicians heard the demo they told him to keep it and not bother with another verse. I'd say they made the right decision.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dude, this is exactly what I've been saying about TBS with THE BIG DANG THEORY for years! Honestly, they act like they're the only ones who play the show, and they act like everytime they air it, it's a must-see special occasion . . . and they air it like 3-4 hours at a time!
TBS is essentially cable syndication network. And as I discussed somewhere else, cable channels are essentially "we have FIVE whole TV shows! Count 'em. Five! Aren't we extravagant." I can talk about how such and such a show on such and such a network (cough cough cough Teen Titans Go!), but Nick is a special case.

I've said for a long time now, Nick seems to want top sabotage any Nicktoon that doesn't feature a... okay... Spongebob. They want to sabotage things that aren't as "instantly" popular as a show that they cancelled just before the popularity kicked in. Meanwhile, their live action sitcoms to still compete with 2005 Disney Channel get treated like special little snowflakes. And telefilms. Telefilms too. Now, Nick being Nick really wants you to love their live action programming, award shows, and that terrible sports block on Nicktoons so much that they'll never let you not know they're on. They'll even preepmt the other two specialty networks specifically for those movies and award shows, or just continuously rerun them on the other 2 specialty networks they have. Exept for Nick Jr. Those preschool shows are essentially their license to print money.

Seriously. Even if you're just watching Nicktoons, they have network advertising bugs in the shows for this series. It's inescapable. Violently inescapable. They want you to LOVE this new show already. They can't seem to keep anything animated outside of Spongebob (which gets daily marathons) on the schedule regularly (not even merchandise selling TMNT), but Glob forbid they don't mash some by the numbers collection of overused, bad tropes called a sitcom in your face every 2 seconds. I'm surprised they don't interrupt commercials for Game Shakers for a commercial for Game Shakers.

And I wouldn't mind it that much except for the painfully "Totally Radical" tone. Black guys folding their arms and leaning on each other. Overly proactive girls that have a hip 'tude. These aren't hip. These have 1990's written all over them. I mean, even the concept of kids making an app based game comes off as "this was more relevant like 6 or 7 years ago." Angry Birds came out in, what? 2009? Ah, those 40 year olds that think they know what kids like.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Shows I don't like:

-The Amazing World of Gumball
-South Park
-Adventure Time
-Fish Hooks
-Aqua Teen Hunger Force
-Scooby Doo
-Nicky Ricky Dicky and Dawn
-Rick and Morty
-Honey Boo Boo