The Muppets Episode 1 - Pig Girls Don't Cry (Pilot)

What did you think of "The Muppets" series premiere "Pig Girls Don't Cry"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but it felt kind of... short. Maybe it's due to more commercials airing now than back when the muppet show was on. It gives them less time to do things which is annoying. Why do we need so many commercials anyway?!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but it felt kind of... short. Maybe it's due to more commercials airing now than back when the muppet show was on. It gives them less time to do things which is annoying. Why do we need so many commercials anyway?!
It felt really short to me, too. When it was done I was like "Is that it?" :stick_out_tongue:

galagr

Reaction score
I liked it, but a lot of the "adult humor" felt forced and phony.
Yeah, if I have one qualm with the show so far, it's that. I understand that this is just the first episode and it really shouldn't make us too terribly worried, but some of the sexual jokes were just cringeworthy. Like the "cross promoting" joke and Rizzo trying to "get" Yolanda.

ConstantineFan

Reaction score
Pros
- The Muppets are back

Cons
- No Pigs in Space
- Not in the traditional The Muppet Show format
- Too short, ABC should of made the show last 1 hour like Once Upon A Time and Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
- Plot of the episode felt rushed

Final Rating: 3/5

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I agree, a lot of it made me uncomfortable (but that's just me). But I'll keep watching to see what happens. Maybe it'll grow on me, I don't know :/

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Yeah, if I have one qualm with the show so far, it's that. I understand that this is just the first episode and it really shouldn't make us too terribly worried, but some of the sexual jokes were just cringeworthy. Like the "cross promoting" joke and Rizzo trying to "get" Yolanda.
Agreed. One episode is not enough to make a fair judgement. The pilot I'd say is a B- or B+. You can still do adult humor and be intelligent while doing it.

A lot of people have said the Muppets come across as meaner, but I don't think so. I thought the Kermit/Piggy scene in the dressing room was sweet. I also thought the Elizabeth Banks thing was really funny.

That said, I must echo the comments that it felt... I dunno, off.